A Discourse, Delivered at Upton, March 15, 1810: At Grafton, April 12, 1810, and at Sutton, (N.P.) March 13, 1811, at Public Meetings of a Number of Singers, who Had Been Improving Themselves in Sacred Music
Sewall Goodridge, 1811 - 16 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according acting affections alſo amuſement aſk aſſembly become begin better Books calculated church claim commanded concern conſider contempt courts delight deſign devotion Divine worſhip duties employed employment exerciſe expreſſed extirpated fails feelings fing fingers fongs forever gifts give glory grace guage harp hear heard heart heaven holy human Hymns indifference intereſted join king Lord matter meaning meeting melody merry mind moſt mufic muſic muſt nature object occupy offence paſſions performed pleaſant pleaſe pleaſure pleaſure of ſinging practice praiſe pray prayer prepare primary probably profit prophet public worſhip purpoſes queſtion ready redeemed refuſe to honour religious remain ſaid ſay ſeem ſenſe ſentiment ſerious ſervice ſhall ſhould Sing ſinging Pſalms ſociety ſome ſongs ſongs of Zion ſound ſpirit ſtrengthen ſung talents teach Theſe things tion underſtanding unto uſed vanity voice wicked yourſelves
9. oldal - And they come unto thee as the people cometh, and they sit before thee as My people, and they hear thy words, but they will not do them : for with their mouth they show much love, but their heart goeth after their covetousness.
15. oldal - Or defpifeft thou the riches of his goodnefs, and forbearance, and long-fuffering, not knowing that the goodnefs of God leadeth thee to repentance ? But after thy hardnefs and impenitent heart, treafureft up unto thyfelf wrath againft the day of wrath, and revelation of the righteous judgment of God ; who will render to every man according to his deeds...
6. oldal - ... whether we eat or drink, or whatever we do, to do all to his...
8. oldal - Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God : they ask of me the ordinances of justice ; they take delight in approaching to God.
11. oldal - And wen things without life giving found, whether pipe or harp, except they give a diftinftion in the * founds. [X)r, timei^t how fhall it be known what is piped or harped?
15. oldal - And all the angels ftood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beafts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worfhipped God, faying, Amen: Bleffing, and glory, and wifdom, and thankfgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever! Amen.
3. oldal - Where we were when the foundations of the earth were laid, a when the morning ftars fang together, and all the fons of GOD shouted for joy, HE muft anfwer who asked it; who underftands entities of preordination, and beings yet unbeing; who hath in his intellect the ideal exiftences of things, and entities before their extances. Though it looks but like an imaginary kind of exiftency, to be before we are; yet fince...
9. oldal - What is it then? I will pray with the fpirit, and I will pray with the underftanding alfo : I will fing with the fpirit, and I will ting with the underftanding alfo.