Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear attempt attention Author become believe better boards body called cause character Christ Christian Church circumstances common complete considerable considered containing death direct Divine doctrine effect English equal established evidence existence expression fact faith feel give given hand happy heart hope human idea illustrated important instance interesting kind knowledge language late less light live Lord manner means mind moral nature never object observations once opinion organ original particular pass passage perhaps persons poem practice present principle produced prove published question readers reason received reference relation religion religious remarks respect Scripture seems sense sentiments spirit suffer supposed thing thought tion true truth volume whole wish writer
25. oldal - Paradise, and groves Elysian, Fortunate Fields — like those of old Sought in the Atlantic Main — why should they be A history only of departed things, Or a mere fiction of what never was ? For the discerning intellect of Man, When wedded to this goodly universe In love and holy passion, shall find these A simple produce of the common day.
27. oldal - The imperfect offices of prayer and praise, His mind was a thanksgiving to the power That made him; it was blessedness and love!
24. oldal - I have seen A curious child, who dwelt upon a tract Of inland ground, applying to his ear The convolutions of a smooth-lipped shell; To which, in silence hushed, his very soul Listened intensely ; and his countenance soon Brightened with joy ; for from within were heard Murmurings, whereby the monitor expressed Mysterious union with its native sea.
22. oldal - Urania, I shall need Thy guidance, or a greater Muse, if such Descend to earth or dwell in highest heaven ! For I must tread on shadowy ground, must sink Deep — and, aloft ascending, breathe in worlds To which the heaven of heavens is but a veil.
91. oldal - But thou, O Daniel ! shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end : many shall run too and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
247. oldal - This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other ; for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
169. oldal - If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering ; for he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea, driven with the wind, and tossed.
23. oldal - The human Soul of universal earth, Dreaming on things to come; and dost possess A metropolitan temple in the hearts Of mighty Poets: upon me bestow A gift of genuine insight; that my Song With star-like virtue in its place may shine, Shedding benignant influence, and secure, Itself, from all malevolent effect Of those mutations that extend their sway Throughout the nether sphere!
24. oldal - Even such a shell the universe itself Is to the ear of Faith ; and there are times, I doubt not, when to you it doth impart Authentic tidings of invisible things; Of ebb and flow, and ever-during power; And central peace, subsisting at the heart Of endless agitation.