Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
abhor againſt alſo anointed anſwered Application attain avoid become King believe betwixt Blood bring certainly Chriſtian Church Commiſſion commit Company Conſequences conſider Country Courſes cruel Cruelties David deſign'd Deſigns Eliſha Enemies Event Evil Example excuſe execute fall farther Fear firſt follow give God's greateſt Hands hard Hazael Heart himſelf Honour hope Houſe immediately innocent Intentions Jews juſt juſtify King of Syria laid laſt lawful Liberties live look Lord manner Maſter means Methods Mind Miſchief murther muſt naturally never occaſions Offence Opportunities Orders paſs Place Power Prediction preſent Prince Promiſes Prophet Publick Purpoſes reaſon recover reſolve ſaid ſay ſecure ſee Servant ſhall ſhew ſhould ſhould be King ſome ſuch taken tell tend Text themſelves ther theſe things thoſe thou thought took true truſting turn uſe wicked
8. oldal - I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.
16. oldal - The first is this : This day is, through the excessive partiality of some of both sides, become a day of great trial to the preachers : talk of the duty, honour, and obedience of the subject to the prince, and you are thought by some to preach away the people's liberties, and make them slaves ; talk of the people's liberties, and you are opening presently a door to mutiny, disloyalty, and flat rebellion, with some others. They are both of them, God be thanked, in the wrong ; and...
15. oldal - ... very safely laid aside for ever ; or, at the least, suspended for a while, and easily resumed again, (if there be need,) when the great struggle of the world is over, and the fortune of us and our posterity decided.
10. oldal - Word juft from the Prophet's Mouth, and gives it to his own ambitious Heart, to read and explain • that Heart replies immediately, The God that gave this Oracle,. had given him now the Opportunity of making it good. He...
3. oldal - Commiffion to another, drew him to the miferable point he is now at. A Man can hardly think he is capable of doing, what in a little time, he will glory in having done ; and juilify to Death, what he once would have cholentody, rather than do.
4. oldal - Holds , dafhing their .Infants on the Ground, ripping their Women up with Child, and putting all their young Men to the Sword, to extirpate utterly the Race of Ifrael, and rid the Syrians of their old inveterate Enemies.
11. oldal - I see no reason to believe that any single man or party whatever could intend, at first, the evils they afterwards effected ; but I do not see that this is so much an excuse for them, as a great matter of caution to others, how they at first...
7. oldal - Courfes he took, to become King $ he anointed him beforehand, but he was to expect God's time, and to wait till it could innocently come to pafs.