The divine rule of faith and practice; or, A defence of the ... doctrine that ... Scripture has been since the times of the Apostles the sole divine rule of faith and practice, 2. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Divine Rule of Faith and Practice; Or, a Defence of the ... Doctrine ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
according already Apostles appears argument authority believe bishops called Catholic Christ Christian Church clear clearly concerning considered contained Council creed delivered divine divine Scriptures doctrine doubt Epistle error eucharist evidence expressed faith Fathers favour further give given gospel ground hath heretics Holy Holy Scriptures interpretation knowledge learned Lord matter meaning mind necessary notion obscure observe offered opponents passage points practice prayers presbyters present priest proof prove quæ question quod quoted reader reason received reference remark respecting sacrifice says Scrip Scripture sense speak Spirit spoken sufficient sunt suppose teach tells Testament testimony things tion tradition true truth ture understand whole words writings written γαρ δε εκ εν και μεν μη προς τας τε της των
243. oldal - The Body of Christ is given, taken, and eaten, in the Supper, only after an heavenly and spiritual manner. And the mean whereby the Body of Christ is received and eaten in the Supper is Faith.
38. oldal - Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
228. oldal - Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours : 3 Grace be unto you, and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
16. oldal - The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
192. oldal - And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held : and they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth...
243. oldal - The body and blood of Christ which are verily and indeed taken and received by the faithful in the Lord's Supper.
61. oldal - For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: 6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children, not accused of riot, or unruly.
470. oldal - Surely there is a vein for the silver, And a place for gold where they fine it. Iron is taken out of the earth, And brass is molten out of the stone.
611. oldal - GENERAL Councils may not be gathered together without the commandment and will of Princes. And when they be gathered together, (forasmuch as they be an assembly of men, whereof all be not governed with the Spirit and Word of God,) they may err, and sometimes have erred, even in things pertaining unto God. Wherefore things ordained by them as necessary to salvation have neither strength nor authority, unless it may be declared that they be taken out of holy Scripture.
157. oldal - This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.