Expository Notes, with Practical Observations, on the New Testament ... Wherein the Sacred Text is at Large Recited, the Sense Explained, and the Instructive Example of the Blessed Jesus and His Holy Apostles to Our Imitation Recommended ...
Sorin & Ball, 1844
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
angels answered apostles Baptist behold believe blessed Saviour called Capernaum cast CHAP chief priests Christian church cometh command dead death devil disciples divine doctrine doth duty earth eternal eyes faith Father fear fruit Galilee give glorified glory God the Father God's gospel grace hand hath healing hear heart heaven Herod Herodians Holy Ghost Holy Spirit honour Jerusalem Jesus Christ Jews John John the Baptist Judas Judea kingdom Learn hence Lord Lord's mercy Messias ministers miracles multitude nature ness º º Observe parable passover person Peter Pharisees Pilate ples pray prayer preaching prophets repentance resurrection righteous saith unto salvation Satan say unto sent servant sinners sins ſº soul spake Spirit sufferings temple thee Thence learn ther things thou tion tºº truth Verily viour whence whº wicked word wrought
69. oldal - Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.
12. oldal - And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
355. oldal - When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the .door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are...
519. oldal - Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain : that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
220. oldal - Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea ; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass ; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
361. oldal - What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
306. oldal - And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, and stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
102. oldal - But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
127. oldal - But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you; but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.