Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accordance action amendment annum appearing application appointment approved Assistant August authority avenue Board of Water Borough of Brooklyn Borough of Manhattan Bridges Bronx Bureau candidate certified Charles Chief Examiner City Clerk Commission Commissioner communication was presented compensation competitive Court dated December denied Department of Docks Department of Parks Department of Street Department of Water Docks and Ferries Draughtsman Driver duty East Education eligible list employed employment Engineer exempt expert February filed Fire Foreman Gas and Electricity George grade granted held hereby Hundred Inspector James January John Joseph July June Laborer letter was presented March month motion non-competitive November Number October ordered paragraph period persons Police position President promotion provisions of Rule Public recommendation records reference Reinstatements request resigned Resolved Rule XII salary Secretary Secretary was directed September similar position Stenographer Street Cleaning Thomas transfer Typewriter Water Supply York
73. oldal - ... that honorably discharged soldiers and sailors from the army and navy of the United States in the late civil war, who are citizens and residents of this state, shall be entitled to preference in appointment and promotion, without regard to their standing on any list from which such appointment or promotion may be made. Laws shall be made to provide for the enforcement of this section.
60. oldal - An act to regulate and improve the civil service of the United States. Be it enacted . . ., That the President is authorized to appoint, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, three persons, not more than two of whom shall be adherents of the same party, as Civil Service Commissioners, and said three commissioners shall constitute the United States Civil Service Commission.
78. oldal - Every person found guilty of such bribery or an attempt to commit the same, as aforesaid, shall, upon conviction thereof, be liable to be punished by a fine of not less than one hundred dollars nor more than three thousand dollars, or to be imprisoned not less than ten days nor more than two years, or to both said fine and said imprisonment in the discretion of the court. The phrase
78. oldal - public officer " shall be held to include all public officials in this state, whether paid directly or indirectly from the public treasury of the state, or from that of any civil division thereof, or by fees or otherwise ; and the phrase " public employee " shall be held to include every person not being an officer who is paid from any said treasury.
61. oldal - It shall be the duty of the trustees of public buildings to cause suitable and convenient rooms and accommodations to be assigned or provided, and to be furnished, heated and lighted, at the...
77. oldal - ... permit any person to enter the same for the purpose of therein making, collecting, receiving or giving notice of any political assessment, subscription or contribution...
75. oldal - ... honorably discharged soldier, sailor or marine or volunteer fireman holding the same shall not be discharged from the public service, but shall be transferred to any branch of the said service for duty in such position as he may be fitted to fill, receiving the same compensation therefor, and it is hereby made the duty of all persons clothed with power of appointment to make such transfer effective.
68. oldal - ... require. Each of such commissions shall require intending competitors to file in its office a reasonable length of time before the date of any examination, a formal application in which the applicant shall state under oath : 1. His full name, residence and post-office address. 2. His age, place and date of his birth. 3. His health and physical capacity for the public service. 4. His right of preference by reason of military or naval service. 5.
59. oldal - Appointments and promotions in the civil service of the State, and of all the civil divisions thereof, including cities and villages, shall be made according to merit and fitness to be ARTICLE V — Continued. ascertained, so far as practicable, by examinations, which, so far as practicable, shall be competitive...