Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Four Years in the Ionian Islands [by F. Whittingham] Ed. by Visct. Kirkwall
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
afterwards amongst appeared Argostoli arrived Athens Author beautiful believe boards British called Captain carried cause Cephalonia CHAPTER CHARLES Church civilization cloth considered Corfu Count crown desire dinner earthquake Edition England English especially excellent fact Fcap formed four give Government greatly Greece Greek guns head HENRY High HISTORY honor hour Illustrations inhabitants interest Ionian Islands Italy Jews JOHN King ladies land late latter leave less living Lord High manner Maps March ment military morality morning naturally never night occasion officers party passed persons Philip Van Artevelde political Post 8vo present Price priest Prince probably Protectorate received regarded remained Resident respect Royal Second Second Edition sent Seven shock Signor society soldiers South taken tion took town Union usually vols volume walking whilst wife young Zante
332. oldal - Arranged to meet the requirements of the Syllabus of the Science and Art Department of the Committee of Council on Education, South Kensington.
143. oldal - Th' infernal monarch rear'd his horrid head, Leap'd from his throne, lest Neptune's arm should lay His dark dominions open to the day, And pour in light on Pluto's drear abodes, Abhorr'd by men, and dreadful ev'n to gods. Such war th' immortals wage; such horrors rend The world's vast concave, when the gods contend.
109. oldal - Nobody, however, who has paid any attention to the peculiar features of our present era, will doubt for a moment that we are living at a period of most wonderful transition, which tends rapidly to accomplish that great end to which, indeed, all history points, the realization of the Unity of Mankind!
143. oldal - Through all their summits tremble Ida's woods, And from their sources boil her hundred floods. Troy's turrets totter on the rocking plain, And the toss'd navies beat the heaving main. Deep in the dismal regions of the dead...
9. oldal - ANALYSIS OF ORNAMENT: THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES. An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. With many Illustrations.
7. oldal - A LONDONER'S WALK TO THE LAND'S END, AND A TRIP TO THE SCILLY ISLES. Post 8vo. With 4 Maps. Third Edition. 4s.
2. oldal - Ridge — Health and Disease, their Laws, with PLAIN PRACTICAL PRESCRIPTIONS FOR THE PEOPLE. By BENJAMIN RIDGE, MD, FRCS Second Edition. Post 8vo, cloth. 12s. Robert Mornay. By MAX FERRER. Post 8vo, cloth. 9*.
322. oldal - ... materially altered and amended from beginning to end, with a large body of critical Notes . almost entirely new, and a Glossary, in which the language of the poet, his allusions to customs, &c., are fully explained. " THE BEST TEXT OF SHAKESPEARE WHICH HAS YET APPEARED. Mr. Dyce's edition is a great work, worthy of his reputation, and for the present it contains the standard text."— TIMES.