The Principles of Religion: As Professed by the Society of Christians, Usually Called Quakers : Written for the Instruction of Their Youth, and for the Information of Strangers
W. Alexander and Son, 1829 - 128 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
acceptable Acts admitted afforded Almighty apostle apostle Paul appears apply apprehend arguments attended authority baptism baptized believe blessed body brought called cause ceremony CHAPTER Christ Christian Christian religion Church circumstances clear command conceive concerning conduct consider consideration Dispensation Divine doctrine duty earth epistle evident evil exercise expression faith Father favour frequently gentiles give given Gospel Grace hath heart Holy Scriptures Holy Spirit important Influence Inspiration instruction Jesus Jews John judgment light Lord mankind manner Matt matter means meetings mentioned mind ministers ministry nature necessary objection observances occasion particularly passage persons practice principles proper prophets reason received religion religious remarks render requires respect Society speak Spirit suffer supposed sword Testament testimony things thou true truth universal unto various water baptism worship writings
52. oldal - For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us, that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world ; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God, and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people zealous of good works.
49. oldal - For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God...
127. oldal - Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
50. oldal - For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves ; which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another ;) in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my Gospel.
109. oldal - But all their works they do for to be seen of men : they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, and love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, and greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
55. oldal - At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; if that nation against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
73. oldal - Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple ? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar ? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the Gospel should live of the Gospel.
68. oldal - And my speech, and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit, and of power, that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.