Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acquire action actual adapted affections appears apply approbation arise attention authority becomes belief benevolence calculated called causes certain character circumstances conduct conscience considerations considered consists constitution conviction course cultivation Deity desire directed distinct duty emotions entirely evidence exercise existence extensive facts faith followed give habits happiness harmony highest human important impression individual influence inquiry instances intellectual interest judgment justice kind knowledge laws leads less Library manner means mental mind moral condition moral feelings moral principle motives nature object observations operation opinion opposed original particular perceive perfect philosophy present principle produce promote proper readers reason received referred regard regulated relations remarkable respecting result rule sacred seek self-love selfish sense simple sound tend things tion true truth various virtue volition vols volume whole writer
96. oldal - Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away....
130. oldal - For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves ; which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another ;) in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my Gospel.
176. oldal - Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
3. oldal - THE LIFE OF MOHAMMED, Founder of the Religion of Islam, and of the Empire of the Saracens.
174. oldal - ... a peace which passeth all understanding;" " a wisdom pure and peaceable, gentle and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and of good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
118. oldal - B., without degrading me. I think you know Moore. Pray assure him that I have not the smallest influence over Lord Byron, in this particular, and if I had, I certainly should employ it to eradicate from his great mind the delusions of Christianity, which, in spite of his reason, seem perpetually to recur, and to lay in ambush for the hours of sickness and distress.
4. oldal - No person's education can be considered complete without a certain degree of attention to the most recent improvements and discoveries in every branch of science. In none have greater advances been made, in the present century, than in geography and the knowledge of the earth which we inhabit...