Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appeared asked attended become believe better Bible blessing brought called cause Chapel child Christ Christian Church Collected College congregation Connexion dear death early expressed eyes faith father fear feel felt friends give given Gospel hand happy hear heard heart heaven held Holy hope interest Jesus John kind king labours live London look Lord Master means meeting mind minister Miss Missionary morning mother never night once opened passed persons poor pray prayer preached present received replied respect seemed sent sermon side Society soon soul spirit Sunday teachers tears tell thanks things thou thought tion took truth turned wish young
37. oldal - ALMIGHTY GOD, with whom do live the spirits of them that depart hence in the LORD, and with whom the souls of the faithful, after they are delivered from the burden of the flesh, are in joy and felicity...
264. oldal - Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ...
116. oldal - This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that JESUS CHRIST came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
237. oldal - ONE sweetly solemn thought, Comes to me o'er and o'er — I am nearer home to-day Than I ever have been before. Nearer my Father's house, Where the many mansions be ; Nearer the great white throne ; Nearer the crystal sea ; — 3 Nearer the bound of life, Where we lay our burdens down ; Nearer leaving the cross ; Nearer gaining the crown.
256. oldal - For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring: and they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.
277. oldal - Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!
35. oldal - I mention this to show from what trifling circumstances the mind will sometimes derive consolation; for though the whole plant was not larger than the top of one of my fingers, I could not contemplate the delicate conformation of its roots, leaves, and capsula, without admiration. Can that Being (thought I), who planted, watered, and brought to perfection, in this obscure part of the world, a thing which appears of so small importance, look with unconcern upon the situation and sufferings of creatures...
287. oldal - Tis that weary man, Whose years are at their brim, Bent low with sickness, cares, and pain — Go thou and comfort him. Thy neighbour?