Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ages appear beams bear beauty beneath bliss Bogdanovich bosom breath bright bring charms clouds dark death deep Dushenka earth English fair fall fame fear field fire flower French give glory glow golden graceful grave hand happy harmonious hast head hear heard heart heaven heroes hill honour hope hurries language leaves letters life's light living look lost Midst mighty morning mountain nature never night o'er o’er original peace play poem poet poetical poetry pride printed proud published rest rise roll round Russian scattered SECOND shines sigh silent sleep smile soft song sorrow soul sound speak spirit spring stand stars stream strength sublime sweet tears thee thing thou thought thousand throne thunder tion tomb translated trembling voice volume wanderer waters waves wild winds wings youth
8. oldal - Creator, yes ! Thy wisdom and Thy word Created me ! Thou source of life and good ! Thou spirit of my spirit, and my Lord...
86. oldal - O thou that rollest above, round as the shield of my fathers! Whence are thy beams, O sun! thy everlasting light? Thou comest forth in thy awful beauty; and the stars hide themselves in the sky; the moon, cold and pale, sinks in the western wave; but thou thyself movest alone.
85. oldal - ... halls: and the voice of the people is heard no more. The stream of Clutha was removed from its place, by the fall of the walls. The thistle shook there its lonely head: the moss whistled to the wind. The fox looked out from the windows, the rank grass of the wall waved round its head. Desolate is the dwelling of Moina, silence is in the house of her fathers.
4. oldal - The sands or the sun's rays ; but God ! for Thee There is no weight nor measure : none can mount Up to Thy mysteries. Reason's brightest spark, Tho kindled by Thy light, in vain would try To trace Thy counsels, infinite and dark ; And thought is lost ere thought can soar so high, Even like past moments in eternity.
7. oldal - Yes! as a drop of water in the sea, All this magnificence in Thee is lost : — What are ten thousand worlds compared to Thee?
3. oldal - O, THOU ETERNAL ONE ! whose presence bright All space doth occupy, all motion guide ; Unchanged through time's all-devastating flight ; Thou only God ! There is no God beside ! Being above all beings ! Mighty One Whom none can comprehend and none explore...
7. oldal - Thou art! — directing, guiding all — Thou art! Direct my understanding then to Thee; Control my spirit, guide my wandering heart; Though but an atom midst immensity, Still I am something fashioned by Thy hand! I hold a middle rank 'twixt heaven and earth — On the last verge of mortal being stand, Close to the realms where angels have their birth, Just on the boundaries of the spirit land!
9. oldal - O visions blest ! Though worthless our conceptions all of Thee, Yet shall thy shadowed image fill our breast, And waft its homage to Thy Deity. God ! thus alone my lowly thoughts can soar : Thus seek Thy presence — Being wise and good ! '.Midst Thy vast works admire, obey, adore ; And when the tongue is eloquent no more, The soul shall speak in tears of gratitude.