Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Anglican apostles appear Archbishop of Canterbury Arian Arius assert Athanasius authority baptism Barstone Bishop of London bishop of Rome bishops blessed body British Churchman called Catholic cause character Christ Christian Church of England Church of Rome Claudine clergy communion corn-laws death diocese Dissenters divine doctrine duty earth ecclesiastical Emperor endeavour Episcopal errors established evil faith father favour fear feel friends give Gospel grace Halton hath heart heaven holy honour Howard Isabel Jesus King labour London look Lord Lord Clifton matter means mind minister Miss Jenkins Miss Winstone nature never opinion parish party persecution persons piety prayer preached present priest principles Protestant Protestantism readers received Reformation Reginald religion religious Roman Rome Romish sacrament Scotland Scripture self-denial slavery Society soul spirit Sutcliffe synod thee things thou tion true truth unto Warden words worship zeal
397. oldal - For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves, and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.
232. oldal - Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord ; and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
312. oldal - To sit on rocks, to muse o'er flood and fell, To slowly trace the forest's shady scene, Where things that own not man's dominion dwell, And mortal foot hath ne'er or rarely been ; To climb the trackless mountain all unseen, With the wild flock that never needs a fold ; Alone o'er steeps and foaming falls to lean ; This is not solitude ; 'tis but to hold Converse with Nature's charms, and view her stores unroll'd.
100. oldal - OUR Lord Jesus Christ, who hath left power to his church to absolve all sinners who truly repent and believe in him, of his great mercy forgive thee thine offences ! And by his authority committed to me, I absolve thee from all thy sins, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.
296. oldal - This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh : she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
396. oldal - And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
482. oldal - But I say unto you, that Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them." Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
394. oldal - THE Supper of the Lord is not only a sign of the love that Christians ought to have among themselves one to another; but rather it is a Sacrament of our Redemption by Christ's death : insomuch that to such as rightly, worthily, and with faith, receive the same, the Bread which we break is a partaking of the Body of Christ ; and likewise the Cup of Blessing is a partaking of the Blood of Christ.