Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according action allowed appears application appointed assistant authority average Bureau called carrier certification charges chief Civil Service classified classified service clause clerk collector Commission Commissioner committee contribute customs Democratic Department departmental dismissal district division duties election eligible employed employees evidence examination excepted fact failed Female force give given Government grade held Indian inspectors Interior January July June 30 labor less letter limit Male March marked matter Minutes months names opinion paid party passed pension period person political position post-office postal postmaster Postmaster-General present President primary promotion question railway mail reasons received recommended reference regard regulations reinstatement removed Republican request rules salary Secretary separated served statement taken teachers testimony tion transfer Treasury United violation ward Washington
34. oldal - Persons honorably discharged from the military or naval service by reason of disability resulting from wounds or sickness incurred in the line of duty shall be preferred for appointments to civil offices, provided they are found to possess the business capacity necessary for the proper discharge of the duties of such offices.
33. oldal - No officer or employee of the United States mentioned in this act shall discharge, or promote, or degrade, or in any manner change the official rank or compensation of any other officer or employee, or promise or threaten so to do, for giving or withholding or neglecting to make any contribution of money or other valuable thing for any political purpose.
62. oldal - An act to regulate and improve the civil service of the United States...
113. oldal - But nothing herein contained shall be construed to take from those honorably discharged from the military or naval service any preference conferred by the seventeen hundred and fifty-fourth section of the Revised Statutes, nor to take from the President any authority not inconsistent with this act conferred by the seventeen hundred and fifty-third section of said statutes...
264. oldal - That no person shall, in any room or building occupied in the discharge of official duties by any officer or employee of the United States mentioned in this act, or in any navy-yard, fort, or arsenal, solicit in any manner whatever, or receive, any contribution of money or any other thing of value for any political purpose whatever.
31. oldal - That it shall be the duty of the Secretary of the Interior to cause suitable and convenient rooms and accommodations to be assigned or provided, and to be furnished, heated, and lighted, at the city of Washington, for carrying on the work of said commission and said examinations, and to cause the necessary stationery and other articles to be supplied, and the necessary printing to be done for said commission.
32. oldal - That after the expiration of six months from the passage of this act no officer or clerk shall be appointed, and no person shall be employed to enter or be promoted in either of the said classes now existing, or that may be arranged hereunder pursuant to said rules, until. he has passed an examination, or is shown to be specially exempted from such examination in conformity herewith.
29. oldal - That it shall be the duty of said commissioners : FIRST. To aid the President, as he may request, in preparing suitable rules for carrying this act into effect, and when said rules shall have been promulgated it shall be the duty of all officers of the United States in the departments and offices to which any such rules may relate to aid, in all proper ways, in carrying said rules, and any modifications thereof, into effect.