Encyclopædia Americana: A Popular Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature, History, Politics and Biography, Brought Down to the Present Time : Including a Copious Collection of Original Articles in American Biography, 3. kötet
Francis Lieber, Edward Wigglesworth, Thomas Gamaliel Bradford, Henry Vethake
Carey, Lea & Carey, 1830
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according afterwards America ancient appeared appointed army authority became become body born called carried cause celebrated character Charles Christian church civil colonies color commerce common congress considerable considered consists constitution contains continued council court death died distinguished duke East elected emperor England English established Europe exports feet force France French gave German give given Greek hands head important island Italy kind king land latter lived March means ment miles nature obliged obtained original Paris particularly party peace period persons political pope ports possession present prince principal produced published received remained respect river Roman Rome senate sent side soon Spain taken tion took town trade vols whole
2. oldal - Co. of the said district, have deposited in this office the title of a book, the right whereof they claim as proprietors, in the words following, to wit : " Tadeuskund, the Last King of the Lenape. An Historical Tale." In conformity to the Act of the Congress of the United States...
218. oldal - With a more riotous appetite. Down from the waist they are centaurs, Though women all above: But to the girdle do the gods inherit, Beneath is all the fiends; there's hell, there's darkness, there is the sulphurous pit, burning, scalding, stench, consumption; — Fie, fie, fie! pah; pah! Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination: there's money for the'e.
438. oldal - No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States, and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title of any kind whatever, from any king, prince or foreign state.
328. oldal - The object, to which its attention is to be exclusively directed, is to promote and execute a plan for colonizing (with their consent) the free people of color residing in our country in Africa, or such other place as Congress shall deem most expedient.
151. oldal - For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth ; Likewise to the small rain, and to the great rain of his strength. He sealeth up the hand of every man ; That all men may know his work.
496. oldal - ... the people of this state have a right to empower, and do hereby fully empower, the legislature to authorize, from time to time, the several towns, parishes, bodies corporate, or religious societies within this state to make adequate provision, at their own expense, for the support and maintenance of public Protestant teachers of piety, religion, and morality.
437. oldal - To exercise exclusive legislation, in all cases whatsoever, over such district (not exceeding 10 miles square) as may, by cession of particular States and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the Government of the United States...
508. oldal - British islands were declared to be in a state of blockade" thereby subjecting to capture and condemnation all vessels, with their cargoes, which should continue to trade with...
436. oldal - Each house is required to keep a journal of its proceedings, and, from time to time, to publish the same, excepting such parts as, in its judgment, may require secrecy.
441. oldal - Being, the Great Creator and Preserver of the Universe, and their right to render that worship in the mode most consistent with the dictates of their consciences, no person shall by law be compelled to join or support, nor be classed with, or associated to, any congregation, church, or religious association.