Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
allowed American Author become blacks British called cause Civil cloth colony coloured condition Creole Crown 8vo Cuba Cuban cultivation Demy 8vo Department districts DRAWING Edition emancipation English especially establish estates evil foreign free labour French give Government ground hand Havannah houses Illustrations imported Insurgents Insurrection interests Island Italy Jamaica land late least less live look Madrid Maps master means mere military mounted native nature needs negro never object officers party Peninsular plantations Plates population Portrait possession Post 8vo PRACTICAL present Price production question race result Royal rule Schools seems sewed Sheet slave-owners slavery slaves Spain Spaniards Spanish Spanish Government sugar things tion town travelled troops turn United vols volunteers West whole Wols women Zulueta
9. oldal - MORLEY (HENRY)— ENGLISH WRITERS. Vol. I. Part I. THE CELTS AND ANGLO-SAXONS. With an Introductory Sketch of the Four Periods of English Literature. Part II. FROM THE CONQUEST TO CHAUCER. (Making 2 vols.) Svo, cloth, £i 2s.
3. oldal - DYCE'S Final Corrections. %* This edition is not a mere reprint of that which appeared in 1857, but presents a text very materially altered and amended from beginning to end, with a large body of critical Notes almost entirely new, and a Glossary, in which the language of the poet, his allusions to customs, &c., are fully explained.
11. oldal - ITALIAN SCULPTURE OF THE MIDDLE AGES AND PERIOD OF THE REVIVAL OF ART. A descriptive Catalogue of that Section of the South Kensington Museum comprising an Account of the Acquisitions from the Gigli and Campana Collections. With 20 Engravings.
11. oldal - ROCK (THE VERY REV. CANON), DD— ON TEXTILE FABRICS. A Descriptive and Illustrated Catalogue of the Collection of Church Vestments, Dresses, Silk Stuffs, Needlework, and Tapestries in the South Kensington Museum.
8. oldal - Post 8vo, cloth, 7s. 6d. MALLET (ROBERT}— GREAT NEAPOLITAN EARTHQUAKE OF 1857. ^First Principles of Observational Seismology, as developed in the Report to the Royal Society of London, of the Expedition made into the Interior of the Kingdom of Naples, to investigate the circumstances of the great Earthquake of December, 1857.
201. oldal - Messrs. CHAPMAN & HALL trust that by this Edition they will be enabled to place the works of the most popular British Author of the present day in the hands of all English readers.
10. oldal - The Ocean, Atmosphere, and Life. Being the Second Series of a Descriptive History of the Life of the Globe.
11. oldal - ... presents a text very materially altered and amended from beginning to end, with a large body of critical Notes almost entirely new, and a Glossary, in which the language of the poet, his allusions to customs, &c., are fully explained. '' The best text of Shakespeare which has yet appeared. Mr. Dyce's edition is a great work, worthy of his reputation, and for the present it contains the standard text.