Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according admitted afterwards already Amer America ancient Antiq appears appointed archbishop arrived authors Beauvois bishop bull called century Christian church coast colonies colonists Columbus consecrated consider continent Costa died diocese direction discovered Discovery Document doubt Drontheim eastern Eric established evident existence fact farther former Gardar give Gravier Green Greenland Gronl holy Humboldt hundred Iceland important Irish island John king known land learned letters live Mémoires mentioned Moosmüller natives North northern Northmen Norway Norwegian notice ocean Olaf opinion Origines Papas particular Pope present priests probably province Rafn reason received records regard religious remark ruins sagas sailed says Scandinavian seems sent settlements ship shores soon Supra tion took Torfaeus vessels Vinland voyage West western
601. oldal - Studium fructuosum regetur utiliter et prospere dirigetur ac grata in eisdem spiritualibus et temporalibus suscipiet incrementa. Jugum igitur domini tuis impositum humeris prompta devotione suscipiens curam et administrationem...
18. oldal - One day, as he sat musing on a rock, a storm arose on the sea; a cloud, under whose squally skirts the foaming waters tossed, rushed suddenly into the bay, and from its dark womb emerged a boat with white sails bent to the wind and banks of gleaming oars on either side.
331. oldal - British [Welsh] language, and did preach to them in the same language three times a week, and they would confer with me about any thing that was difficult therein, and at our departure they abundantly supplied us with whatever was necessary to our support and well doing. They are settled upon Pontigo River, not far from Cape Atros. This is a brief recital of my travels among the Doeg Indians. MORGAN JONES, the son of John Jones, of Basateg, near Newport, in the County of Monmouth. I am ready to conduct...
155. oldal - ... but, independently of the ancient beaches and terraces and other geological marks which show that the shore has risen, the stone huts of the natives are found scattered along the line of the bay in spots now so fenced in by ice as to preclude all possibility of the hunt, and of course of habitation by men who rely on it for subsistence.
601. oldal - ... tibi in spiritualibus et temporalibus plenarie committendo, in illo qui dat gratias et largitur premia confidentes, quod prci.it;!
331. oldal - Have I escaped so many dangers, and must I now be knocked on the head like a dog!' Then presently came an Indian to me, which afterward appeared to be a war captain belonging to the sachem of the Doegs (whose original, I find, must needs be from the Old Britons), and took me up by the middle, and told me in the British (Welsh) tongue I should not die...
386. oldal - This is a true saying. If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
530. oldal - ... et sanguine Dei et Domini redemptoris nostri Jesu Christi aliena fiat atque, in extremo examine, districte ultioni subjaceat.
601. oldal - ... electus rite tulerit in rebelles, ratam habebimus et faciemus auctore Domino usque ad satisfactionem condignam inviolabiliter observari.