A New System; Or, An Analysis of Antient Mythology:: Wherein an Attempt is Made to Divest Tradition of Fable; and to Reduce the Truth to Its Original Purity,
J. Walker; W. J. and J. Richardson; R. Faulder and Son; R. Lea; J. Nunn; Cuthell and Martin; H.D. Symonds; Vernor, Hood, and Sharpe; E. Jeffery; Lackington, Allen, and Company; J. Booker; Black, Parry, and Kingsbury; J. Asperne; J. Murray; and J. Harris., 1807
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according ages alluded antient appear apud Argo Argonauts Arkite built Bull called carried certainly character chief circumstances consequence daughter Deity Deluge denominated described Deucalion Diodorus Dionusus divine Dove earth Egypt Egyptians emblem esteemed event expressed father figure formed given gives Gods Grecians Greece Greeks head heavens Hence hieroglyphic Hymn Ibid imagine introduced Isis Italy Juno likewise looked mankind manner means meant memorial mentioned mother mount mysteries nature Noah notion observed original Orphic Osiris particular Patriarch Pausan Pausanias person personage Plutarch poet preserved priests purport reason reference remarkable rendered renewed represented rites sacred says Schol seems shew ship signified sometimes speaks Strabo styled supposed symbol Syria taken notice takes temple term Theba things tion tradition true Venus waters whence whole worship writers δε εν και μεν τε
128. oldal - And it came to pass, that on the eighth day they came to circumcise the child ; and they called him Zacharias, after the name of his father. 60 And his mother answered and said, Not so; but he shall be called John. 61 And they said unto her, There is none of thy kindred that is called by this name.
3. oldal - In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
5. oldal - And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.
5. oldal - And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made: and he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro, until the waters were dried up from off the earth.
128. oldal - And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest, for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways...
197. oldal - This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations. I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
5. oldal - But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and she returned unto him into the ark...
38. oldal - And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.