Useful Information for Engineers: Being a Series of Lectures Delivered Before the Working Engineers of Yorkshire and Lancashire : Together with a Series of Appendices Containing the Results of Experimental Inquiries Into the Strength of Materials, the Causes of Boiler Explosions, Etc
Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green, 1864 - 376 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
appear applied arts attain attention Author bars beam become boiler Breaking burst calculated cause circumstances coal compared considerable considered construction contained Crown cylindrical determine diameter direction distance double economy Edition effect elastic engine equal exists experiments explosion extent facts feet fire flues force fuel furnace give given greater heat History hydrogen important improvements increased iron joints knowledge Lectures length material mean mechanical nature nearly necessary object observed obtained pass perfect plates powers practical present pressure principle produced proportion quantity question ratio reduced reference regards relative Remarks resistance respect rivets Second ship side smoke square inch stays steam steam-engine strain strength sufficient supply surface Table taken temperature thick tion tons vessels vols volume weight whole Woodcuts
18. oldal - LIBRARY EDITION-, with all the Original Illustrations, Maps, Landscapes on Steel, Woodcuts, &c. 2 vols. 4to. 48s. INTERMEDIATE EDITION, with a Selection of Maps, Plates, and Woodcuts. 2 vols. square crown 8vo. 21s. STUDENT'S EDITION, revised and condensed, with 46 Illustrations and Maps.
16. oldal - The Engineer's Handbook ; explaining the principles which should guide the young Engineer in the Construction of Machinery. By CS LOWNDES. Post 8vo.
24. oldal - BECKER'S GALLUS; or, Roman Scenes of the Time of Augustus : with Notes and Excursuses. New Edition. Post 8vo. 7s. 6d. BECKER'S CHARICLES; a Tale illustrative of Private Life among the Ancient Greeks: with Notes and Excursuses. New Edition. Post Svo.
28. oldal - TREASURY OF KNOWLEDGE AND LIBRARY OF REFERENCE. Comprising an English Dictionary and Grammar, Universal Gazetteer, Classical Dictionary, Chronology, Law Dictionary, &c.
28. oldal - WILLICH'S POPULAR TABLES for ascertaining the Value of Lifehold, Leasehold, and Church Property, Renewal Fines, &c.
12. oldal - The Treasury of Botany, or Popular Dictionary of the Vegetable Kingdom ; with which is incorporated a Glossary of Botanical Terms. Edited by J.
18. oldal - London's Encyclopaedia of Agriculture: comprising the Laying-out, Improvement, and Management of Landed Property, and the Cultivation and Economy of the Productions of Agriculture. With 1,100 Woodcuts. 8vo. 21s. London's Encyclopaedia of Gardening: comprising the Theory and Practice of Horticulture, Floriculture, Arboriculture, and Landscape Gardening.
2. oldal - The Spanish Conquest in America, and its Relation to the History of Slavery and to the Government of Colonies. By ARTHUR HELPS. 4 vols. 8vo. £3. VOLS. I. & II. 28s. VOLS. III. & IV. 16s. each. History of the Reformation in Europe in the Time of Calvin.