Discourses Preached at the Temple Church, and on Several Occasions: To which are Added Discourses on the Use and Intent of Prophecy, Together with Dissertations: a Charge to the Clergy of the Diocese of London, a Letter on the Earthquake in MDCCL, and the Trial of the Witnesses of the Resurrection of Jesus
Clarendon Press, 1812
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able againſt anſwer Apoſtle appear argument authority becauſe believe body caſe Chriſt Chriſtian common concern condition conſider death depends difficulties divine doctrine duty effect eternal evidence evil expect faith Father fear firſt follow future gift give given God's goodneſs Goſpel grace hand hath heart himſelf holy hope human itſelf Jeſus judge knowledge light live Lord mankind means mind miracles moral muſt myſteries natural religion nature neceſſary never notion obedience obey objects ourſelves Paul plain preſent principles promiſes proper prove Providence purpoſe queſtion reaſon receive relation religion reſpect revelation rewards rule ſaid ſalvation ſame ſaved ſay ſee ſenſe ſet ſhall ſhould ſince ſome Spirit ſtand ſtate ſtill ſuch ſuppoſe tells themſelves theſe things thoſe thou thought tion true truth unto uſe whole wiſdom wonder
113. oldal - Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and CHANGED the glory of the uncorruptible God into AN IMAGE made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
433. oldal - And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.
248. oldal - Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet'; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.' '"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
321. oldal - And he said. Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
133. oldal - Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts : and then shall every man have praise of God.
371. oldal - Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
65. oldal - Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? May I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage.