Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able advantage afford appeared application attention Author beauties beneficial body character Christ Christian complete conduct connected consider considerable convinced daily darkness dear Charles desire devoted directed distinguish duty early rising earnest effects employed employments endeavoured engagements enjoy exercise exertions experience extended faith feel follow frequently give Gospel habit hand happiness heart hope importance inclined increased induced indulgence influence interest judgment knowledge labour lead LETTER light live longer look Lord manner mark mental ments mind morning nature neglect never night object observations obtain once period pleasing pleasures portion possess practice present principles produce prove reason recollection reflections regard remember remind render result rose satisfaction sentiments serve sincere sleep soul spirit strength suffer thing thought tion truth urge whilst wish young
164. oldal - Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
95. oldal - Lord to prepare his ways ; to give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, through the tender mercy of our God ; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
86. oldal - But who the melodies of morn can tell ? — The wild brook babbling down the mountain side ; The lowing herd ; the sheepfold's simple bell ; The pipe of early shepherd dim descried In the lone valley ; echoing far and wide, The clamorous horn along the cliffs above ; The hollow murmur of the ocean-tide ; The hum of bees ; the linnet's lay of love ; And the full choir that wakes the universal grove.
17. oldal - Live while you live, the Epicure would say, And seize the pleasures of the present day. Live while you live, the sacred Preacher cries, And give to God each moment as it flies.
87. oldal - Falsely luxurious ! will not man awake ; And, springing from the bed of sloth, enjoy The cool, the fragrant, and the silent hour, To meditation due, and sacred song...
153. oldal - Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
160. oldal - See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
161. oldal - And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters ; the LORD being merciful unto him : and they brought him forth, and set him without the city.