Hymns of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America: Set Forth in General Conventions of Said Church, in the Years of Our Lord, 1789, 1808, and 1826
S.F. Bradford, 1827 - 132 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Hymns of the Protestant Episcopal Church, in the United States of America ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
Hymns of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
adore Almighty angels beams Behold bless bless'd blest bliss blood breast bright cheer Christ cloud of witnesses darkness death divine dwell earth Edom endless eternal ev'ry everlasting evermore eyes faith Father fear flow foes glorious glory God the Father gracious Hail happy hath hear heart heaven heavenly Holy Ghost honour hope Hosannas hour humble HYMN immortal Isaiah Jehovah Jesus joyful sound King Lamb let thy light live Lord metres mighty morning mourn never night o'er pain pardon peace pow'r pray prayer proclaim Psalm rais'd raise rapture Redeemer reign rejoice rest rise sacred saints salvation Saviour shine sing sinners sins skies solemn Songs of praise sorrow soul sov’reign Spirit sweet tears thee thine thou art thy grace thy hand thy love thy name thy praise thy throne tongue TRINITY SUNDAY triumphs voice vows wake wand'ring wings wondrous ye saints Zion's
9. oldal - When all thy mercies, O my God, My rising soul surveys; Transported with the view, I'm lost In wonder, love, and praise.
98. oldal - Teach me to live, that I may dread The grave as little as my bed ; Teach me to die, that so I may Rise glorious at the awful day.
89. oldal - BEFORE Jehovah's awful throne, Ye nations bow with sacred joy ; Know that the Lord is God alone, He can create, and he destroy.
102. oldal - WESLEY'S COL. For Christian Principles. 1 MY God, my strength, my hope, On thee I cast my care, With humble confidence look up, And know thou hear'st my prayer. Give me on thee to wait, Till I can all things do ; On thee, almighty to create, Almighty to renew. 2 I want a sober mind, A self-renouncing will, That tramples down and casts behind The baits of pleasing ill...
53. oldal - WITNESS, ye men and angels now, Before the Lord we speak ; To him we make our solemn vow, A vow we dare not break : — 2 That long as life itself shall last, Ourselves to Christ we yield, Nor from his cause will we depart, Or ever quit the field.
78. oldal - O thou by whom we come to God, The life, the truth, the way, The path of prayer thyself hast trod ; Lord, teach us how to pray.
104. oldal - AWAKE, my soul ! stretch every nerve, And press with vigor on : A heavenly race demands thy zeal, And an immortal crown. 2 A cloud of witnesses around Hold thee in full survey : Forget the steps already trod, And onward urge thy way. 3...
38. oldal - See, from his head, his hands, his feet, Sorrow and love flow mingled down: Did e'er such love and sorrow meet, Or thorns compose so rich a crown? 4 Were the whole realm of nature mine, That were a present far too small; Love so amazing, so divine, Demands my soul, my life, my all.
89. oldal - Jehovah's work begun, When he spake and it was done. 2 Songs of praise awoke the morn, When the Prince of peace was born ; Songs of praise arose, when he Captive led captivity. 3 Heaven and earth must pass away; Songs of praise shall crown that. day: God will make new heavens and earth : Songs of praise shall hail their birth.