A Refutation of Calvinism: In which the Doctrines of Original Sin, Grace, Regeneration, Justification, and Universal Redemption, are Explained and the Peculiar Tenets Maintained by Calvin Upon Those Points are Proved to be Contrary to Scripture ...
T. Cadell & W. Davies, 1811 - 590 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Refutation of Calvinism: In Which, the Doctrines of Original Sin, Grace ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
able according Adam Apostle appears assert assistance authority baptism become beginning believe blessed body born called Calvin Calvinistic cause chosen Christ Christian Church command concerning condition conduct consequence considered death decree desire divine doctrine duty Election eternal evil exertion expression Faith fall Father formed former free-will gift give given God's Gospel grace hand happen hath heart Holy Holy Ghost human Jesus Christ Jews John justified live Lord manner Matt means merit mind nature necessary necessity obedience obey observe obtain opinions original ourselves passage Paul perform persons points Predestination present promise prove punishment reason received Regeneration rejected repentance Reprobate respect reward righteousness Salvation saved Saviour says Scripture sense shew sins soul speak Spirit suffer things thou tion true truth understand unto virtue whole wicked wickedness
264. oldal - THE Offering of Christ once made is that perfect redemption, propitiation, and satisfaction, for all the sins of the whole world, both original and actual ; and there is none other satisfaction for sin, but that alone.
441. oldal - Seeing, then, that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness; looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens, being on fire, shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt away with fervent heat.
22. oldal - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
121. oldal - Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect...
12. oldal - And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
67. oldal - GOD, who knowest us to be set in the midst of so many and great dangers, that by reason of the frailty of our nature we cannot always stand upright ; grant to us such strength and protection, as may support us in all dangers, and carry us through all temptations, through JESUS CHRIST our Lord. Amen.
242. oldal - Unto you therefore which believe he is precious : but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
266. oldal - God's purpose by his spirit working in due season: they through grace obey the calling; they be justified freely; they be made sons of God by adoption; they be made like the image of his only begotten son Jesus Christ; they walk religiously in good works and at length by God's mercy they attain to everlasting felicity.
68. oldal - SON JESUS CHRIST, hast overcome death, and opened unto us the gate of everlasting life ; we humbly beseech Thee, that, as by Thy special grace preventing us, Thou dost put into our minds good desires, so by Thy continual help we may bring the same to good effect...