Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Arabula: Or, the Divine Guest. Containing a New Collection of Gospels
Andrew Jackson Davis
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according affections angel answer Arabula beautiful become behold believe Bible blessed body born called cause CHAPTER Christians comes consciousness darkness death divine earth equal eternal evil existence eyes face fact faith Father feeling flowers force give glory hand happiness harmony heart heaven higher holy hope human idea immortal individual infinite inspired instincts intellect intelligence knowledge land less light live look Lord man's matter means mind mother mountains mystery nature ness never object once organized origin passed perfect person philosophy possible prayer present principles progress pure question reason religion religious seemed selfish sense soul speak sphere spirit stars thee things thou thought thousand tion true truth universe unto voice whole wisdom wise
66. oldal - And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field: upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life...
290. oldal - Isaac, (for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth,) it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
290. oldal - And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous, I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.
149. oldal - The latent tracts, the giddy heights, explore Of all who blindly creep, or sightless soar; Eye Nature's walks, shoot folly as it flies, And catch the manners living as they rise ; Laugh where we must, be candid where we can, But vindicate the ways of God to man.
377. oldal - Self-love but serves the virtuous mind to wake, As the small pebble stirs the peaceful lake; The centre moved, a circle straight succeeds, Another still, and still another spreads; Friend, parent, neighbour, first it will embrace; His country next; and next all human race...
269. oldal - For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. She is more precious than rubies : and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
284. oldal - If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, " Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them ;" thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
118. oldal - They never fail who die In a great cause : the block may soak their gore ; Their heads may sodden in the sun ; their limbs Be strung to city gates and castle walls — But still their spirit walks abroad. Though years Elapse, and others share as dark a doom, They but augment the deep and sweeping thoughts Which overpower all others, and conduct The world at last to freedom.
279. oldal - And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
283. oldal - Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.