Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advance appeared army arrived authority Bill Bishop body brought called Captain carriages carried caused character chief Church Coast command Commons considerable considered continued course Court death died direction Duke duty effect election England English entered establishment evidence existing expressed fact fire force four give given Government hands held hope hour House important India interest Italy John King known land late less letter Liberal London Lord majority March matter means measure meeting ment miles Minister months object officers once opinion party passed persons political position present President Prince proposed Queen question received represented respect result returned Royal schools sent side speech taken tion took train troops vote whole
97. oldal - ... has refurbished and paraded anew every rusty tool she was fondly thought to have disused ; when no one can become her convert without renouncing his moral and mental freedom, and placing his civil loyalty and duty at the mercy of another ; and when she has equally repudiated modern thought and ancient history.
225. oldal - THE PRIEST TO THE ALTAR ; or, Aids to the Devout Celebration of Holy Communion, chiefly after the Ancient English Use of Sarum. By PETER GOLDSMITH MEDD, MA, Canon of St. Alban's. Fourth Edition, revised and enlarged. Royal 8vo. ij5. Meyrick.— THE DOCTRINE OF THE CHURCH OF England on the Holy Communion Restated as a Guide at the Present Time.
360. oldal - Majesty, they would mentally include the health of the Prince and Princess of Wales and the rest of the Royal Family.
334. oldal - I cross the boundary of the experimental evidence, and discern In that matter which we, in our ignorance of its latent powers, and notwithstanding our professed reverence for its creator, have hitherto covered with opprobrium, the promise and potency of all terrestrial life.
82. oldal - And where heretofore there hath been great diversity in saying and singing in churches within this Realm : some following Salisbury Use, some Hereford Use, some the Use of Bangor, some of York, and some of Lincoln : now from henceforth, all the whole realm shall have but one Use.
227. oldal - The Prayer Book Interleaved; with Historical Illustrations and Explanatory Notes arranged parallel to the Text, by the Rev. WM Campion, BD, Fellow and Tutor of Queens
282. oldal - Ladies and gentlemen, in but two short weeks from this time I hope that you may enter, in your own homes, on a new series of readings, at which my assistance will be indispensable ; but from these garish lights I vanish now for evermore, with a heartfelt, grateful, respectful, and affectionate farewell.
303. oldal - An expedition is organized to subdue to our authority the countries situated to the south of Gondokoro; "To suppress the slave trade; to introduce a system of regular commerce; "To open to navigation the great lakes of the equator; "And to establish a chain of military stations and commercial depots, distant at intervals of three days' march, throughout Central Africa, accepting Gondokoro as the base of operations.
227. oldal - The Christian Year. Thoughts in Verse for the Sundays and Holy Days throughout the Year.
17. oldal - Queen hears and reads with horror of the sufferings which the brute creation often undergo from the thoughtlessness of the ignorant, and she fears also sometimes from experiments in the pursuit of science. For the removal of the former the Queen trusts much to the progress of education, and in regard to the pursuit of science she hopes that the entire advantage of those anaesthetic discoveries from which man has derived so much benefit himself in the alleviation of suffering may be fully extended...