Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Academy acquaintance admiration appears artist Author Bath beauty Books borough canvas certainly character colour complete Crown 8vo daughter death Demy 8vo doubt drawing Duchess Duke early England ENGLISH exhibition face fact Fcap figures Fourth Fulcher Gains Gainsborough Gallery Garrick George give hand head HISTORY Illustrated interest Ipswich Jackson John King known lady landscape later least leather less letters Library light lived London look Lord master mentioned Miss nature never Notes original painted painter Pall Mall perhaps period person picture Plates portrait possession present Prince published record relations remark Reynolds Royal says Second Edition seems sent Series sitters Small story Suffolk Thicknesse Third Edition Thomas thought tion took town Volumes wife Wood young
22. oldal - GAMONIA : or, the Art of Preserving Game ; and an Improved Method of making Plantations and Covers, explained and illustrated by Lawrence Rawstorne, Esq. With 15 Coloured Plates by T. Rawlins. AN ACADEMY FOR GROWN HORSEMEN : Containing the completes! Instructions for Walking, Trotting, Cantering, Galloping, Stumbling, and Tumbling. Illustrated with 27 Coloured Plates, and adorned with a Portrait of the Author. By Geoffrey Gambado, Esq.
20. oldal - JEB M'Allen, MA zs. COMMERCIAL LAW. By W. Douglas Edwards. Second Edition, zs. The Connoisseur's Library Wide Royal Svo. 2$s. net. A sumptuous series of 20 books on art, written by experts for collectors, superbly illustrated in photogravure, collotype, and colour. The technical side of the art is duly treated. The first volumes are — MEZZOTINTS. By Cyril Davenport. With 40 Plates in Photogravure. PORCELAIN. By Edward Dillon. With 19 Plates In Colour, 20 in Collotype, and 5 in Photogravure.
25. oldal - A LITTLE BOOK OF ENGLISH SONNETS. Rochefoucauld (La). THE MAXIMS OF LA ROCHEFOUCAULD. Translated by Dean STANHOPE. Edited by GH POWELL. Smith (Horace and James). REJECTED ADDRESSES. Edited by AD GODLEY, MA Sterne (Laurence).
30. oldal - It is impossible to read such a work as "Temporal Power " without becoming convinced that the story is intended to convey certain criticisms on the ways of the world and certain suggestions for the betterment of humanity.
18. oldal - ... the practical and devotional study of the Sacred Text. Each Book is provided with a full and clear Introductory Section, in which is stated what is known or conjectured respecting the date and occasion of the composition of the Book, and any other particulars that may help to elucidate its meaning as a whole.
22. oldal - REAL LIFE IN IRELAND, or, the Day and Night Scenes of Brian Boru, Esq., and his Elegant Friend, Sir Shawn O'Dogherty. By a Real Paddy. With 19 Coloured Plates by Heath, Marks, etc.
31. oldal - The Gateless Barrier" it is at once evident that, whilst Lucas Malet has preserved her birthright of originality, the artistry, the actual writing, is above even the high level of the books that were born before.
27. oldal - THE RURAL EXODUS. By P. ANDERSON GRAHAM. LAND NATIONALIZATION. By HAROLD Cox, BA A SHORTER WORKING DAY. By H. DE B. GIBBINS, D.Litt., MA, and RA HADFIELD, of the Hecla Works, Sheffield.
21. oldal - LIFE IN LONDON : or, the Day and Night Scenes of Jerry Hawthorn, Esq., and his Elegant Friend, Corinthian Tom.
21. oldal - THE HISTORY OF JOHNNY QUAE GENUS: the Little Foundling of the late Dr. Syntax. By the Author of ' The Three Tours.' With 24 Coloured Plates by Rowlandson. THE ENGLISH DANCE OF DEATH, from the Designs of T. Rowlandson, with Metrical Illustrations by the Author of 'Doctor Syntax.