The Scripture Testimony to the Messiah: An Inquiry with a View to a Satisfactory Determination of the Doctrine Taught in the Holy Scriptures Concerning the Person of Christ, 2. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according admitted apostles appears applied argument assertion attributes authority believe blessings called Calm character Christian circumstances common concerning consideration considered critics death Deity denotes difficulty disciples divine doctrine earth equal eternal evidence existence expression fact Father give given glory Gospel Greek ground hand hath heaven Hebrew holy honour human idea important Inquirer instances interpretation Jesus Christ Jews John judge judgment kind knowledge language Lord Lord's Luke manifest manner Mark Matt meaning Messiah mind miracles moral nature Note object observed occasion occurs opinion passage perfect person phrase possessed present principle probably proper prophets question reader reason received reference regard relation remarkable represented respect Scripture sense sent signifies speak Spirit sufferings superior Testament thee things thou tion true truth understood universal unto Version whole writers
85. oldal - And we shall not be far wrong, if we determine its date as about the end of the fourth, or the beginning of the fifth century before Christ. 3. In the critical work on the Four Books, called ' Record of Remarks in the village of Yung1,' it is observed, ' The Analects, in my opinion, were made by the disciples, just like this record of remarks.
142. oldal - And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne, and the beasts and the elders, and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honour and glory and blessing.
28. oldal - And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins ; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.
159. oldal - Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?" Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am.
254. oldal - See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
247. oldal - Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters ? 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels ? how much more things that pertain to this life?
123. oldal - And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know ? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven ? Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
48. oldal - He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there will be no end.
88. oldal - If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?