The Sacred and Prophane History of the World Connected: From the Creation of the World to the Dissolution of the Assyrian Empire at the Death of Sardanapalus, and to the Declension of the Kingdoms of Judah and Israel, Under the Reigns of Ahaz and Pekah
J. and R. Tonson, 1743 - 4 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham Abram according Account Adam afterwards Ages agree altered amongſt ancient appear appointed Author began Beginning Birth Books brought built Cain called Characters Children Chron Computations Confuſion conſider Copies Country Creatures Days Deſcendents Diodorus early Earth Egypt Egyptians evidently expreſs Family Father firſt Flood give given Greek happened Heathen Hebrew himſelf Hiſtory imagine invented King Land Language learned Letters lived Mankind manner Meaning mentioned Mizraim Mofes Moſes moſt muſt Name Nature Nimrod Noah Number obſerved offered Opinion Original particular perhaps Perſon Place probably Reaſon Records Reign Religion remarkable Sacred ſaid ſame ſays ſee ſeems ſet ſettled ſeveral ſhall ſhould ſome Sons Sounds ſpeak ſuch ſuppoſe themſelves ther theſe Things thoſe thought tions Tongue took tranſlated true Truth uſed Water whole World Worſhip Writers wrote
300. oldal - And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, so that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: and this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.
86. oldal - By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
299. oldal - And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof.
87. oldal - By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed ; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
94. oldal - For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
300. oldal - And the land which I gave Abraham and Isaac, to thee I will give it, and to thy seed after thee will I give the land.
300. oldal - And Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put for his pillows, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it.
297. oldal - And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.
84. oldal - For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of 'Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices : but this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people : and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.