Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able Abraham appear attention become believe called cause character Christian church common conduct consider contains continued death divine doctrine earth effect existence expected fact faith father feel former friends give given ground hand heart holy honour hope human important interest Italy king knowledge known land late learned less letter light live London look Lord manner means ment mind moral nature nearly never object observed once opinion passed period persons possession present principles produced promise prove readers reason received religion remarks respect seems society soon soul spirit thing thou thought tion truth various volume whole writings young
331. oldal - Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee : and I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great ; and thou shalt be a blessing : and I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee : and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
639. oldal - And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven: But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness : there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
73. oldal - ... (for not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified : for when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves : which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another ;) in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to...
1123. oldal - And Jacob said unto Pharaoh, The days of the years of my pilgrimage are an hundred and thirty years ; few and evil have the days of the years of my life been, and have not attained unto the days of the years of the life of my fathers, in the days of their pilgrimage.
355. oldal - O that they were wise, that they understood this, that they would consider their latter end!
797. oldal - But if any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
73. oldal - Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful, but became vain in their imaginations. and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
331. oldal - Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art, northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward : for all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
421. oldal - For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices, which they offered year by year continually, make the comers thereunto perfect.