The Scripture Doctrine of Atonement Examined: First, in Relation to Jewish Sacrifices: and Then, to the Sacrifice of Our Blessed Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ
Farrand, Mallory, & Company, 1809 - 298 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abrahamic covenant altar apostle appointed bear beg leave blessings blood of bulls blood of Christ chap children of Israel Christ's dying considered covenant crifice day of atonement death of Christ divine effect efficacy eternal evil Exod expedient Ezek Father favour fices flesh forgiven forgiveness Gibeonites give goat gospel ground guilt hath holy holy of holies ical iniquity Israelites Jesus Jews justly laid law and justice law or justice lawgiver levitical law levitical sacrifices lives Lord Lord's manner means ment mercy mercy-seat mind ness obedience observe offender offered pardon person piacular pleased prayers priest procure proper Psal ransom redemption remission repentance righteousness sacri sacrifice of Christ sanctified satisfied scape-goat scrip scripture seems sense sentiment shed shew signify sin-offerings sinners sins soul sprinkled stead suffering suppose thee thing thou tion transgression uncleanness unto vicarious punishment virtue wisdom words
159. oldal - For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
17. oldal - For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains : and the wild beasts of the field are mine. If I were hungry I would not tell thee : for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.
132. oldal - For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel : not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness ; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
134. oldal - Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread ? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.
10. oldal - And when he hath made an end of reconciling the holy place, and the tabernacle of the congregation, and the altar, he shall bring the live goat : and Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness : And the goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a land...
134. oldal - Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars; she hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table. She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city, "Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither:" as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him, "Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.
33. oldal - For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days : so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
129. oldal - Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
205. oldal - But the goat on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.
55. oldal - Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, Which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; And thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.