An Epitome of General Ecclesiastical History: From the Earliest Period to the Present Time. With an Appendix, Giving a Condensed History of the Jews from the Destruction of Jerusalem to the Present Day. Illustrated with Maps and Engravings
Vanderpool & Cole, 1827 - 452 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Anabaptists Antiochus Apostles Arians Aristobulus Arius Arminians army Bacchides baptists became Bible bishops blood called Calvinistic Catholics century Chap Christ Christian church church of England clergy converted corruptions council covenant death declared destroyed died divine doctrine dominion earth Egypt eminent emperor empire enemies England episcopacy established Europe faith father favour formed gave Gospel Greek heart heathen heaven Herod High priest Holy Ghost Hyrcanus idolatry Israel Jerusalem Jewish Jews John Judas Judea king kingdom labours learned lived Lord Luther Lutherans ministers missionary monks Moses multitude nation pagan papal Papists pastors period persecution Pharisees Phasael piety pious pontiffs Pope popery prayer preached preachers presbyterians prince prophecy prophets Protestants Ptolemy puritans received reformation reign religion religious Roman Rome Sabbath sacred saints Scriptures sect sent Socinians soon soul spirit suffered synod Syria Temple Testament things thousand throne tion took truth viewed whole worship
19. oldal - Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousand of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
34. oldal - Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him : for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
70. oldal - Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
37. oldal - Judah is a lion's whelp; from the prey, my son, thou art gone up. He stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion. Who shall rouse him up? The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.
15. oldal - But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
31. oldal - And Joshua said unto all the people, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Your fathers dwelt on the other side of the flood in old time, even Terah, the father of Abraham, and the father of Nahor : and they served other gods.
72. oldal - Who is there among you of all his people ? his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and build the house of the Lord God of Israel, (he is the God,) which is in Jerusalem.
107. oldal - But when he heard that Archelaus did reign in Judea in the room of his father Herod, he was afraid to go thither : notwithstanding, being warned of God in a dream, he turned aside into the parts of Galilee : 23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
70. oldal - I considered the horns, and behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots : and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking great things.