Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acres American Association became bishop building called cars Catholic cent centre century chief Church of England Church of Scotland College color companies connected construction cost cylinder doctrine Dolomite early eggs electric engine England English eral especially feet fowls France freight French Germany Gneiss grade History ical important inches increased island known land later Limestone lines load locomotive machine manufacture ment metal method miles obtained operation organized Paris passenger Plymouth Rocks pound-nets pounds Presbyterian Church probably Protestantenverein Protestantism province Prussia Psalms psychology Ptolemy pump Punjab quaternion Quebec radium rail railroad railway result River road Roman Saint Sandstone side South speed square miles station steam steel Synod thorium tion town track traffic train United usually valve weight weirs wheel York
18. oldal - In which it will also appear, that this Church is far from intending to depart from the Church of England in any essential point of doctrine, discipline, or worship ; or further than local circumstances require.
18. oldal - The two sacraments ordained by Christ himself - Baptism and the Supper of the Lord - ministered with unfailing use of Christ's words of Institution, and of the elements ordained by Him.
19. oldal - ... facie inexplicable on any generally recognized hypothesis, and which, if incontestably established, would be of the highest possible value. The task of examining such residual phenomena has often been undertaken by individual effort, but never hitherto by a scientific society organized on a sufficiently broad basis.
26. oldal - I thank God, there are no free schools nor printing, and I hope we shall not have these hundred years; for learning has brought disobedience, and heresy, and sects into the world, and printing has divulged them, and libels against the best government. God keep us from both!
32. oldal - Son was this day presented in the temple in substance of our flesh, so we may be presented unto thee with pure and clean hearts, by the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
26. oldal - ... and it is further ordered, that where any town shall increase to the number of one hundred families or householders they shall set up a grammar school, the master thereof being able to instruct youth so far as they may be fitted for the university...
19. oldal - These also are proverbs of Solomon, which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied out.
12. oldal - State, or if there be none, or in case of his removal, death, resignation or inability, then the Secretary of the Treasury...
26. oldal - It is therefore ordered, That every township in this jurisdiction, after the Lord hath increased them to the number of fifty householders, shall then forthwith appoint one within their town to teach all such children as shall resort to him to write and read, whose wages shall be paid either by the parents or masters of such children, or by the inhabitants in general...