Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action acts apparatus appear applied arranged atmosphere attraction battery becomes body called causes centre closed colour conductor connected consists containing continually copper Crown 8vo cylinder direction distance double earth Edition effects elastic electricity equal expansion experiment fall feet fixed focus force gases given gives glass gravity greater ground hand heat Hence inches increase instance intensity iron kind known latter layer length lenses less light liquid lower luminous machine magnetic manner means mercury metal mirror motion move nature needle negative object observed obtained passes piece piston placed plate pole position present pressure principle produced quantity raised rays receiver reflected represented rises scale seen side solid sound substances surface takes temperature tends tube turned vapour vessel vibrations vols volume weight wire
78. oldal - Hence, subtracting 510 from 585, the difference 75 represents the weight of the displaced water — that is, the weight of a volume of water equal to that of the iron.
1. oldal - INSECTS AT HOME : A Popular Account of British Insects, their Structure, Habits and Transformations.
1. oldal - HOMES WITHOUT HANDS; a Description of the Habitations of Animals, classed according to their Principle of Construction.
7. oldal - The VOYAGE and SHIPWRECK of ST, PAUL; with Dissertations on the Life and Writings of St. Luke and the Ships and Navigation of the Ancients.
1. oldal - BIBLE ANIMALS ; being a Description of every Living Creature mentioned in the Scriptures, from the Ape to the Coral.
5. oldal - ENCYCLOPEDIA of AGRICULTURE: comprising the Laying-out, Improvement, and Management of Landed Property, and the Cultivation and Economy of the Productions of Agriculture. With 1,100 Woodcuts. 8vo.
6. oldal - An Introduction to the Theology of the Church of England, in an Exposition of the Thirty-nine Articles. By the Rev. TP BOULTBEE, LL.D.
3. oldal - ALBERT DURER, HIS LIFE and WORKS; including Autobiographical Papers and Complete Catalogues. By WILLIAM B. SCOTT. With Six Etchings by the Author, and other Illustrations.