Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Almighty Asham'd Behold betimes blessing blest breath Canaanite cast Christ curse darkness death divine dwell dying love earth endless eternal ev'ry Fain faith fear feel Friend of sinners give glorious glory gospel gracious Lord grief guilt hath heal hear heart of stone heav'nly heaven hell helpless holy hope hosanna humble impart Jesu's Jesus keep let me love let thy live Love me freely mercy's o'er pain pardon pitying eye poor pow'r praise pray prayer repent salvation satan Saviour seal my peace seek thy face shine sins soul sov'reign spotless Lamb stony heart sweet tears tender thee thine thou art thou hast thou know'st Thy blood thy feet thy grace thy gracious thy law thy love thy mercy thy name thy power thy sight thy Spirit thy throne thy word thyself tongue trembling truth Twill voice wandering wilt wretched Young sinners
62. oldal - Other refuge have I none — Hangs my helpless soul on Thee : Leave, ah ! leave me not alone, Still support and comfort me ! , All my trust on Thee is stay'd, All my help from Thee I bring: Cover my defenceless head With the shadow of thy wing.
108. oldal - Then join the saints ; wake every cheerful passion ; When Christ returns, he comes for your salvation. FIRST PART. LM 0 1 A Penitent Pleading for Pardon. HOW pity, Lord, O Lord, forgive; Let a repenting rebel live : Are not thy mercies large and free ? May not a sinner trust in thee...
102. oldal - Before me place in dread array The pomp of that tremendous day, When thou with clouds shalt come, To judge the nations at thy bar: And tell me, Lord, shall I be there To meet a joyful doom ? " Be this my one great business here, With serious industry and fear, Eternal bliss t' insure: Thine utmost counsel to fulfil, And suffer all thy righteous will, And to the end endure.
102. oldal - Lo ! on a narrow neck of land, 'Twixt two unbounded seas I stand, '^> Secure, insensible ; A point of time, a moment's space, Removes me to that heavenly place, Or shuts me up in hell.
39. oldal - O'er this benighted soul of mine. 3 Ashamed of Jesus ! that dear Friend On whom my hopes of heaven depend ! No ; — when I blush, be this my shame, That I no more revere his name.
96. oldal - WITH joy we meditate the grace Of our High Priest above ; His heart is made of tenderness, His bowels melt with love. 2 Touch'd with a sympathy within, He knows our feeble frame ; He knows what sore temptations mean, For he has felt the same.
83. oldal - Divine instructor, gracious Lord, Be thou for ever near ; Teach me to love thy sacred word, And view my Saviour there.
40. oldal - Ashamed of Jesus! yes, I may, When I've no guilt to wash away; No tear to wipe; no good to crave; No fears to quell; no soul to save. 6 Till then, nor is my boasting vain, Till then I boast a Saviour slain; And O may this my glory be, That Christ is not ashamed of me.
19. oldal - TIS a lovely thing for youth To walk betimes in wisdom's way ; To fear a lie, to speak the truth, That we may trust to all they say! But liars we can never trust, Though they should speak the thing that's true ; And he that does one fault at first, And lies to hide it, makes it two.
109. oldal - So let thy pardoning love be found. 3 O wash my soul from every sin, And make my guilty conscience clean ; Here on my heart the burden lies, And past offences pain mine eyes. 4 My lips with shame my sins confess Against thy law, against thy grace ; Lord, should thy judgment grow severe, I am condemned, but thou art clear. 5 Should sudden vengeance seize my breath, I must pronounce thee just, in death ; And if my soul were sent to hell, Thy righteous law approves it well.