Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham according againſt alſo anſwer antient appear becauſe bleſſing brought called caſe cauſe commanded continued death Deut divine doth Egypt Egyptians Exod father feqq firſt followed fome forced former four give given hand head Hebrew himſelf houſe hundred Ifraelites Jacob Jews judges kind king land laſt latter learned leaſt leſs Levit likewiſe lived LORD mean mentioned Mofes month Moſes moſt muſt nature obſerved offered original perſon plain prieſts probable promiſed prophets proved reader reaſon reſt ſaid ſame ſay ſee ſeems ſenſe ſet ſeveral ſhall ſhe ſhould ſince ſome ſon ſoon ſtill ſuch ſuppoſed tabernacle taken tells themſelves theſe thing thoſe thought tion took tribe uſed Vide whole whoſe
164. oldal - There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
145. oldal - WHEN a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her : then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.
74. oldal - This breaftplate was fattened at the 4 corners ; thofe on the top to each (houlder by a golden hook or ring at the end of a wreathed chain ; and thofe below, to the girdle of the cphod, by two ftrings or ribbons, •which had likewife two rings and hooks.
276. oldal - Rachel to you as soon as the seven days" (or nuptial week for Leah) " have expired." This unfair treatment greatly perplexed Jacob, but his distinguished affection for Rachel made him resolve to...
192. oldal - Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters, and maketh the clouds his chariot, and walketh upon the wings of the wind.
74. oldal - It was worn on the breast of the high priest, and was set with twelve precious stones, on each of which was engraven the name of one of the tribes. They were set in four rows, three in each row, and were divided from each other by the little golden squares or partitions in which they were set.
57. oldal - What mean the testimonies, and the statutes, and the judgments, which the Lord our God hath commanded you ? then thou shalt say unto thy son, We were Pharaoh's bondmen in Egypt ; and the Lord brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand...
11. oldal - Jehovah, which is the incommunicable name of God, is the Father ; by Elohim is meant the Son, who is the fountain of all knowledge ; and by the...
276. oldal - ... (continued he, in a milder tone), "if you will fulfil the nuptial week with your wife, and consent to serve another seven years for her sister, I am content to take your word for it, and to give Rachel to you as soon as the seven days" (or nuptial week for Leah)