Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Agents American announced appeared Bible BOOKSELLERS Boston bound Brothers called Catalogue cents character Charles Christian Church City cloth collection College complete containing copies Dickens early edition England English Family Fields France French friends George German gilt give Henry History Home House Illustrated important interest issued Italy James John Journal late letters Library LIST literary literature Little living London Magazine Messrs Miss month Natural Notes notice novel orders original Paris period persons Phila Philadelphia Poems popular Practical prepared present Price printed published readers Ready received RECENTLY relating Reports revised Robert School Second sent Sketches Society Story Street style success Ticknor tion Trade Translated United volume Wants write written York Young
140. oldal - THE PHYSIOLOGY OF MAN. Designed to represent the Existing State of Physiological Science as applied to the Functions of the Human Body.
206. oldal - The Publishers' Circular, and General Record of British and Foreign Literature; giving a transcript of the title-page of every work published in Great Britain, and every work of interest published abroad, with lists of all the publishing houses. Published regularly on the 1st and 15th of every Month, and forwarded post free to all parts of the world on payment of 8s.
139. oldal - HAYDN'S DICTIONARY; OF DATES, relating to all Ages and Nations. For Universal Reference. Edited by BENJAMIN VINCENT, Assistant Secretary and Keeper of the. Library of the Royal Institution of Great Britain ; and Revised for the Use of American Readers. 8vo, Cloth, $5 00 ; Sheep, $6 00.
206. oldal - Containing as many as 74,000 references, under subjects, so as to ensure immediate reference to the books on the subject required, each giving title, price, publisher, and date. Two valuable Appendices are also given — A, containing full lists of all Libraries, Collections, Series, and Miscellanies— and B, a List of Literary Societies, Printing Societies, and their Issues. One vol. royal 8vo. Morocco, II.
271. oldal - Homer, which will be put to press as soon as a sufficient number of subscribers are obtained to warrant so costly an undertaking.
321. oldal - With a, full View of the English-Dutch Struggle against Spain, and of the Origin and Destruction of the Spanish Armada. By JOHN LOTHROP MOTLEY, LL.D., DCL Portraits.
62. oldal - Scotland, that it was Robert Bruce's march at the battle of Bannockburn. This thought, in my solitary wanderings, warmed me to a pitch of enthusiasm on the theme of liberty and independence, which I threw into a kind of Scottish ode, fitted to the air, that one might suppose to be the gallant royal Scot's address to his heroic followers on that eventful morning.
89. oldal - THE AMERICAN JOURNAL OF THE MEDICAL SCIENCES, EDITED BY ISAAC HAYS, MD, is published Quarterly, on the first of January, April, July, and October. Each number contains at least two hundred and eighty large octavo pages, handsomely and appropriately illustrated, wherever necessary.
131. oldal - I am compelled to declare it as my deliberate opinion that if this bill passes, the bonds of this Union are virtually dissolved; that the States which compose it are free from their moral obligations, and that as it will be the right of all, so it will be the duty of some, to prepare definitely for a separation, amicably if they can, violently if they must.