Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acid action anatomy ancient animal antiquity appears applied arms become Belles Lettres body botany branch called carried cause church colour common consists containing court covered denotes Dictionary distinguished divided earth effect England epithet equal express feet figure fire fish flowers fluid four genus geometry give given glass Greek hand head heat hence iron Italy kind king land language leaves less light Literary Treasury living matter means measure medicine ment metal motion natural object observed officer origin particular pass person piece plants present principal produced quantity received Roman round Scientific and Literary sense serving ship side signifies sometimes sort species stone substance supposed surface term thing tion tree usually various vessel whole
430. oldal - A fire devoureth before them, and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them.
167. oldal - Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the laws of God, the true profession of the Gospel, and the Protestant reformed religion established by law ; and will you preserve unto the bishops and clergy of this realm, and to the churches committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges as by law do or shall appertain unto them, or any of them ? ' King or queen :
167. oldal - Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the people of this kingdom of England, and the dominions thereto belonging, according to the statutes in parliament agreed on, and the laws and customs of the same?
252. oldal - Equity, then, in its true and genuine meaning, is the soul and spirit of all law: positive law is construed, and rational law is made, by it. In this, equity is synonymous, to justice; in that, to the true sense and sound interpretation of the rule.
162. oldal - British islands were declared to be in a state of blockade" thereby subjecting to capture and condemnation all vessels, with their cargoes, which should continue to trade with...
171. oldal - The court-leet, or view of frankpledge,(x) which is a court of record, held once in the year, and not oftener,(^) within a particular hundred, lordship, or manor, before the steward of the leet: being the king's court, granted by charter to the lords of those hundreds or manors.
430. oldal - They shall run like mighty men ; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks, neither shall one thrust another. They shall walk every one in his path; and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
279. oldal - ... towards a sovereign, which we denominate loyalty; alike distinguishable from the stupid devotion of eastern slaves, and from the abstract respect with which free citizens regard their chief magistrate. Men who had been used to swear fealty, to profess subjection, to follow, at home and in the field, a feudal superior and his family, easily transferred the same allegiance to the monarch. It was a very powerful feeling, which could make the bravest men...
153. oldal - When those companies do not trade upon a joint stock, but are obliged to admit any person, properly qualified, upon paying a certain fine, and agreeing to submit to the regulations of the company, each member trading upon his own stock, and at his own risk, they are called regulated companies.