Walks through Islington: comprising an historical and descriptive account of that extensive and important district, both in its ancient and present state: together with some particulars of the most remarkable objects immediately adjacent
Sherwood, Gilbert, & Piper, 1835 - 412 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Walks Through Islington: Comprising A Historical and Descriptive Account of ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2009
Walks Through Islington: Comprising an Historical and Descriptive Account of ...
James Sargant Storer,Henry Sargant Storer
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
acres Act of Parliament adjoining afterwards ancient appears Archers archery arms Barnesbury Bishop brick building buried called Canonbury chapel chapel of ease church Clerkenwell commenced containing cottage Cross death died Earl Elizabeth eminent England erected feet fields Finsbury formed formerly front garden gentleman Green ground Hagbush Lane handsome Henry Henry VIII Highbury Highgate Hill Holloway Hornsey Hoxton inhabitants inscription institution Iseldon Islington James King labour lady land late London Lord Lower Holloway Lower Street manor mansion ment mentioned metropolis minister nearly Newington Newington Green occupied painted parish persons poor possession premises present proprietor public-house Queen Regent's Canal reign residence Richard Richard Whittington River School Shoreditch side Sir John Society spot stands Stoke Newington stone Stroud Green Suetonius Tavern Terrace Thomas Fowler tion Upper Street vestry Vicar walk White-Conduit Whittington wife William
380. oldal - Plate sin with gold, And the strong lance of justice hurtless breaks : Arm it in rags, a pigmy's straw doth pierce it.
89. oldal - Act for Building and Promoting the Building of Additional Churches in Populous Parishes?
145. oldal - Hobbs told me that the cause of his Lordship's death was trying an experiment; vi^., as he was taking the Aire in a coach with Dr. Witherborne (a Scotchman, Physitian to the King), towards Highgate, snow lay on the ground, and it came into my Lord's thoughts, why flesh might not be preserved in snow, as in salt. They were resolved they would try the experiment presently. They alighted out of the coach and went into a poore woman's...
346. oldal - Market for the sale of cattle, in the parish of St. Mary, Islington, in the county of Middlesex.
225. oldal - This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that JESUS CHRIST came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.
54. oldal - Islington, where he was waiting for his sister, whom he had directed to meet him : there was then nothing of disorder discernible in his mind by any but himself; but he had withdrawn from study, and travelled with no other book than an English Testament, such as children cany to the school : when his friend took it into his hand, out of curiosity to see what companion a man of letters had chosen, ' I have but one book,' said Collins,
60. oldal - I'm laid underneath, To my two loving sisters most dear, The whole of my store, Were it twice as much more, Which God's goodness has...
37. oldal - Also, for that it is undecent to crowd up myself with my gentleman-usher in my coach, I will have him to have a convenient horse, to attend me either in city or country. And I must have two footmen. And my desire is, that you defray all the charges for me.
35. oldal - My sweet life, Now I have declared to you my mind for the settling of your state, I suppose that it were best for me to bethink and consider within myself what allowance were meetest for me : I pray and beseech you to grant to me, your most kind and loving wife, the sum of 2600/.