A Complete History of the Holy Bible: As Contained in the Old and New Testaments ; Including Also the Ocurrences of Four Hundred Years from the Last of the Prophets to the Birth of Christ, and the Life of Our Blessed Saviour and His Apostles, &c with Copious Notes, Critical and Explanatory, Practical and Devotional, 2. kötet
W.W. Woodward, 1808
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Complete History of the Holy Bible, as Contained in the Old and New ...
Laurence Howel,George Burder
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
A Complete History of the Holy Bible, Vol. 1 Of 3: As Contained in the Old ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according Acts affected answer apostles appear army asked Assyria attended believe blessed body brother brought called carried cause charge Christ Christians church coming commanded concerning continued cure death delivered desired disciples divine doctrine enemies expressed faith Father fear followed force friends gave give given gospel hands hath heard hearing heaven Herod holy honour immediately Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John Judea king kingdom leave lived Lord Luke manner Mark master Matt means Messiah miracles nature observed occasion offered passed Paul performed person Peter Pharisees possessed preaching present priests probably promise prophet reason received rest Romans Saviour sent shew soon Spirit suffer supposed taken tells temple thee things thou thought thousand tion took truth unto whole
388. oldal - Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing. Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them : behold, they know what I said.
435. oldal - He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee.
317. oldal - But I say unto you, that Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them." Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
427. oldal - And he said unto them, What things ? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people : And how the Chief Priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.
314. oldal - Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here, and let us make three tabernacles, one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias, not knowing what he said.
389. oldal - And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.
430. oldal - And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honey-comb. And he took it, and did eat before them.
410. oldal - Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His garments, and made four parts, to every soldier a part; and also His coat : now the coat was without seam, woven from the top throughout. They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be : that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They parted My raiment among them, and for My vesture they did cast lots.
397. oldal - Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of Him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value ; and gave them for the potter's field, as the LORD appointed me.