The Holy Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments, in the Common Version. With Amendments of the Language
This book, by Noah Webster, is a revised edition of the King James Bible, with corrections in grammar, an updating of obscure or obsolete words, and a softening of potentially offensive expressions.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Aaron according altar answered Assyria behold blessed blood border bread brethren bring brother brought burnt-offering called cause CHAP chief children of Israel CHRIST commanded congregation daughter David death deliver destroy dwell earth Egypt enemies evil eyes face families father fear field fire five four gave give given gold hand hath head hear heard heart heaven holy host hundred inheritance Jacob Jerusalem Joshua Judah judge keep king king's land Levites live LORD LORD thy month Moses mount mouth offering pass Pharaoh Philistines praise pray priest princes PSALM reign rest Saul saying sent servants serve seven side sight silver Solomon sons soul speak spoke stones surely tabernacle thee thing thou hast thou shalt thousand took tribe turned twenty voice wicked wife
437. oldal - As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the LORD of hosts, in the city of our God : God will establish it for ever.
435. oldal - I WAITED patiently for the Lord ; And he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
399. oldal - And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.
55. oldal - ... Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: 6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
307. oldal - But he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, yea, and made his son to pass through the fire, according to the abominations of the heathen, whom the LORD cast out from before the children of Israel. 4 And he sacrificed and burnt incense in the high places, and on the hills, and under every green tree.
380. oldal - The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach: the wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire. 4 And it came to pass, when I heard these words, that I sat down and wept, and mourned certain days, and fasted, and prayed before the God of heaven...
49. oldal - And he called for Moses and Aaron by night, and said, Rise up, and get you forth from among my people, both ye and the children of Israel; and go, serve the LORD, as ye have said. Also take your flocks and your herds, as ye have said, and be gone; and bless me also.
226. oldal - And the people said unto Saul, Shall Jonathan die, who hath wrought this great salvation in Israel ? God forbid: as the LORD liveth, there shall not one hair of his head fall to the ground; for he hath wrought with God this day. So the people rescued Jonathan, that he died not.
6. oldal - And surely your blood of your lives will I require: at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. 6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.