An Epitome of the History of the World: From the Creation to the Advent of the Messiah, Exhibiting the Fulfilment of Scripture Prophecies, Particularly in Relation to the Jews; Evincing the Connexion of Divine Dispensations Through a Period of Four Thousand Years, 2. kötet
Benjamin and Thomas Kite, 1816 - 876 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accomplished according afterwards ages Alexander ancient appear arts Assyria authority Babylon became blessed called captivity carried cause chapter Christ Christian civil continued corrupted Daniel death destroyed destruction Divine earth effect Egypt Egyptians empire enemies established favour foretold give glory gold Greeks hand hath heart heaven honour human inhabitants Isaiah Israel Jerusalem Jesus Jews Judah justice kind king kingdom knowledge known land language learning less lived Lord mankind manner means ment Messiah mind moral nations nature Nebuchadnezzar observed pass Persians persons pointed present priests prince prophecy prophets punish reason received reign relation religion remarkable Romans saith says sent soon speak spirit succession suffered taken temple thee things thou tion tribes true truth turned Tyre unto verse virtue whole wisdom worship
54. oldal - Thy people also shall be all righteous : they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation : I the Lord will hasten it in his time.
166. oldal - BY THE rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof. For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
326. oldal - And I knew him not : but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
59. oldal - For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved...
178. oldal - I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel; for he is the living God, and steadfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end. He delivereth and rescueth, and he worketh signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who hath delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.
108. oldal - In that day shall there be an altar to the Lord in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the Lord.
52. oldal - It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob, And to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, That thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
176. oldal - Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.
96. oldal - And they shall destroy the walls of Tyrus, and break down her towers: I will also scrape her dust from her, and make her like the top of a rock. It shall be a place for the spreading of nets in the midst of the sea: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God: and it shall become a spoil to the nations.
322. oldal - Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low : and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together ; for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.