Horæ homileticæ, or Discourses, in the form of skeletons upon the whole Scriptures. [With] Appendix. (With indexes, prepared by T. H Horne). To which is annexed an improved ed. of a transl. of [J] Claude's Essay on the composition of a sermon, 19. kötet;34. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acceptance according Acts angels Apostle appear appointed assured attain believe blessed blood body bring called cause character Christian Church consider continually covenant death desire Divine doctrines doubt duty earth effect entered eternal evil exercise expect faith Father fear feel follow give given glory God's Gospel grace hand hath heart heaven High-priest holy honour hope Jews John labour light live look Lord Jesus Christ means mind minister Moses nature never obtain occasion offered once ourselves Paul perfect persons possess present principle profession promises reason receive religion respect rest righteousness sacrifice saints salvation saved Saviour Scriptures seek shew sins soul speaks Spirit suffer sure things thou thought true truth unto whilst whole
500. oldal - I, even I, am he that comforteth you : who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass...
218. oldal - Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared...
311. oldal - Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; and having an high priest over the house of God ; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
97. oldal - For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us, that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world ; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God, and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people zealous of good works.
478. oldal - He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
337. oldal - Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners ; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
549. oldal - Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant. Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
259. oldal - For the Lord GOD will help me ; therefore shall I not be confounded : therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.