Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advantages affection afford appear attempt attention authority become better bosom certainly character child Christian circumstances claim comfort conduct consequences consider course daughters desire direct discipline disposed divine domestic duty early endeavour equally errors especially evil exist expect experience father feelings filial follow former frequently future give habits hand happiness heart honour hope human imagine important individual instances interest kind knowledge least less live Lord manifest manner means ment mind mother nature never object observation occasion once parents parents and children peace perhaps persons present principle probably produce prove Providence qualified reason relation religion remain render require respect result sense sentiments situation society solicitous sometimes sons sorrow spirit suffered sufficient sure task TAYLOR tempers things tion true unite whole wisdom wish young youth
78. oldal - EXCEPT the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: Except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.
84. oldal - That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth: that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace...
165. oldal - If solid happiness we prize, Within our breast this jewel lies; And they are fools who roam : The world has nothing to bestow ; From our own selves our joys must flow, And that dear hut, our home.
139. oldal - The man who proceeds in it with steadiness and resolution, will in a little time find that ' her ways are ways of pleasantness, and that all her paths are peace.
31. oldal - Wherefore doth a living man complain, a man for the punishment of his sins? Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord.
120. oldal - And Rebekah said to Isaac, I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth: If Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these which are of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me?
176. oldal - LETTERS from an ELDER to a YOUNGER BROTHER, on the CONDUCT to be pursued in LIFE. By W. HUSSEY. Third Edition, in 2 vols. With a fine frontispiece. Price 9s. boards. " This is an elegant little work, and we can safely recommend it to our juvenile readers, as containing much sound practical advice, without any parade of refinement, or affectation of singularity.
176. oldal - THE STUDENT'S JOURNAL. Arranged, Printed, and Ruled for receiving an Account of every Day's Employment for the space of One Year. With an Index and Appendix.