Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Acts affected amongst answer apostle appear authority bear believe blood Book cause Chap character Christ Christian church comfort concerning conduct danger death desire divine doctrine earth enemies ev'ry evil expect express eyes face faith favour fear feel friends give glory Gospel grace hand hear heard heart Holy honour hope human Hymn influence Jesus Jews John judge knew knowledge known less light live Lord means mind nature observed occasion once Paul peace person pleased poor pow'r praise preached present professed promise prove reason received render rest Satan Saviour Scripture seek seems sense sinners soon soul speak spirit success suffer sufficient sure thee thine things thou thought tion true truth weak whole wisdom zeal
72. oldal - That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed...
56. oldal - HOW sweet the name of Jesus sounds In a believer's ear ! It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds, And drives away his fear. 2 It makes the wounded spirit whole, And calms the troubled breast ; Tis manna to the hungry soul, And to the weary rest.
4. oldal - So shall my walk be close with God, Calm and serene my frame ; So purer light shall mark the road, That leads me to the Lamb.
260. oldal - And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
57. oldal - Weak is the effort of my heart, And cold my warmest thought; But when I see thee as thou art, I'll praise thee as I ought.
84. oldal - This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
59. oldal - See, the streams of living waters, Springing from eternal love, Well supply thy sons and daughters, And all fear of want remove ; Who can faint while such a river Ever flows their thirst to assuage — Grace, which, like the Lord, the giver, Never fails from age to age?
279. oldal - Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? Why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded ? 8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
3. oldal - Where is the blessedness I knew When first I saw the Lord? Where is the soul-refreshing view Of Jesus and his word? 3 What peaceful hours I once enjoyed! How sweet their memory still! But they have left an aching void The world can never fill.
309. oldal - I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. 10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer; behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried ; and ye shall have tribulation ten days : be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.