Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
answered appeared arrived art thou Asiatic asked Azdd Bakht Basra beautiful became began bestowed Brahmans brother brought Bukhara called circumstance clothes daughter death desire Dilli dressed drink eunuch eyes fair lady fairy fakir father favour feet female garden gave give greatly hands hath Hdtim head heard heart Hindu Hindustan honour horse idol India instantly jewels jinns kafila Khurasan khwaja kind king king's leave likewise Literally live looked majesty Maliki Sddik manner marriage masnad mind Mir Amman morning Mubarak Muhammad Muhammadans Musalmdn night Nimroz nobles ordered passed perceived Persian person pleased praised prayers precious stones present prince princess remained replied returned rich royal saying seated seized sent seraglio servants seven climes short slave tayammum thee thou hast throne took Urdu language wazir weep weshes wish woman wretch young merchant
89. oldal - As we stood on its banks, as far as the eye could reach, nothing was to be seen but water; no means of crossing was to be found.
206. oldal - to the spot where I lay, hearing my groans, they stopped near me. Seeing me in this condition, they rode off to the princess, and said, that ' a miserable man and a dog are lying weltering in their blood.' On hearing this from them, the princess herself came near me, and, afflicted [at the sight,] she
211. oldal - down; I accordingly sat down. The princess drank another cup of wine, and said to the nurse, ' Give this wretch also a cup, then he will take his killing with more ease.' The nurse presented me a cup of wine; I drank it without hesitation, and made my
211. oldal - After a short pause, the princess asked me for a cup of wine; I quickly filled it, and presented it to her; she took it gracefully from my hand and drank it off; I then fell at her feet; she passed her hand kindly over me, and said,
187. oldal - and saw the shops of the bakers and confectioners, my heart began to palpitate, for I had not money to buy, nor did I feel inclined to beg. In this way, I went along, saying to myself, I will ask something in the next shop. At last, strength had failed me, and my stomach
230. oldal - sent some mace-bearers to call them [to my presence.] " When they came, I perceived they were a man and a woman. I sent the woman into the seraglio to the princess, and called the man before me; I saw he was a youth of twenty or twenty-two years of age,
245. oldal - I then performed the marriage ceremony, and cohabited with her; she also became pregnant and brought forth a son. Nearly three years passed in this manner. When she weaned the child, I said to my wife, " How long shall we remain here, and how shall we get out from hence
143. oldal - appeared in the morning, like the sun, and bathed and swam in the river; he crossed over it and returned, and rubbed ashes of cow-dung over his body, and hid his fair form like a live coal under the ashes. He made a mark with sandal wood on his forehead, girded on his
176. oldal - 0 king, do not spill the blood of this unfortunate wretch, but confiscate all the wealth I have, which is beyond counting or reckoning, and having made me and my son a votive offering to your throne, release us, and spare us our lives." I smiled, and said, O fool! dost thou