The Primitive Creed, Examined and Explained: In Two Parts. The First Part Containing Sixteen Discourses on the Apostles' Creed; Designed for Popular Use. The Second Part Containing a Dissertation on the Testimony of the Early Councils, and the Fathers, from the Apostolic Age to the End of the Fourth Century, with Observations on Certain Theological Errors of the Present Day
E. Smith, 1834 - 415 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Primitive Creed, Examined and Explained: In Two Parts. the First Part ...
John Henry Hopkins
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
according Almighty amongst angels Apostles appears applied argument authority beginning begotten believe blessed body brethren called Catholic Christ Christian Church consider Council Creed dead death Deity Deus Divine doctrine earth error eternal evidence express faith Father give glory Gospel grace hath heart heaven Holy Ghost Holy Spirit human Jesus Jesus Christ Jews judge judgment king kingdom language learned light living Lord manifest meaning mind nature never opinion passage Paul peace perfect persons plural present principle Prophets prove punishment question quod reason received Redeemer resurrection right hand sacred saints saith Saviour Scrip Scripture sense soul speaking suffered testimony things third thou tion Trinity true truth unto whole worship δε εις εκ εν και
187. oldal - Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men; but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him. But whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
132. oldal - Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels; For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
12. oldal - Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
92. oldal - Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne...
83. oldal - And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands ? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.
68. oldal - Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: in burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
381. oldal - The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor ; he hath sent me to heal the broken hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
133. oldal - And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away, and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God, and the books were opened ; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
82. oldal - If ye think good, give me my price ; and if not, forbear." So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. And the Lord said unto me, "Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prized at of them!" And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord.
51. oldal - Speak not evil One of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law : but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. 12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy...