Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Poetical Works of Thomas Moore, Ed. with a Memoir by W.M. Rossetti
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
arms beam beauty beneath blessed blest bliss bloom bowers breath bright brow called charm cheek cold dark dear death delight dream earth EPISTLES eyes fair fall fancy fear feel felt fire flame flow flowers friends give glance glory glow gold half hand happy hath head heart Heaven hope hour hung Irish kiss LALLA ROOKH leave light live look lost lover maid meet mind morning nature never night o'er ODES once passed Persian play POEMS pure rest rose round seemed seen shade shed shine sigh sleep smile soft song soon soul sound spirit spring star sweet tear tell thee thine thou thought touch turn Twas wandering warm wave weep wild wind wing young youth
330. oldal - The harp that once through Tara's halls The soul of music shed, Now hangs as mute on Tara's walls As if that soul were fled. So sleeps the pride of former days, So glory's thrill is o'er, And hearts, that once beat high for praise, Now feel that pulse no more. No more to chiefs and ladies bright The harp of Tara swells; The chord alone, that breaks at night, Its tale of ruin tells. Thus freedom now so seldom wakes, The only throb she gives, Is when some heart indignant breaks, To show that still...
347. oldal - She is far from the land where her young hero sleeps, And lovers around her are sighing : But coldly she turns from their gaze, and weeps, For her heart in his grave is lying.
58. oldal - Go, wing thy flight from star to star, From world to luminous world, as far As the universe spreads its flaming wall : Take all the pleasures of all the spheres, And multiply each through endless years, One minute of Heaven is worth them all...
301. oldal - FAINTLY as tolls the evening chime, Our voices keep tune and our oars keep time. Soon as the woods on shore look dim, We'll sing at St. Ann's our parting hymn.2 Row, brothers, row, the stream runs fast, The Rapids are near, and the daylight's past!
59. oldal - Nymph of a fair, but erring line ! " Gently he said — "One hope is thine. Tis written in the Book of Fate, The Peri yet may be forgiven Who brings to this Eternal Gate The Gift that is most dear to Heaven ! Go, seek it, and redeem thy sin— 'Tis sweet to let the Pardon'd in ! " Rapidly as comets run To th...
29. oldal - There's a bower of roses by BENDEMEER'S§ stream, And the nightingale sings round it all the day long ; In the time of my childhood 'twas like a sweet dream, To sit in the roses and hear the bird's song.
375. oldal - But high she shoots through air and light, Above all low delay, Where nothing earthly bounds her flight, Nor shadow dims her way. So grant me, GOD, from every care And stain of passion free, Aloft, through Virtue's purer air, To hold my course to Thee ! No sin to cloud, no lure to stay My Soul, as home she springs ; — Thy Sunshine on her joyful way, Thy Freedom in her wings ! FALLEN IS THY THRONE.