Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admired afterward amusing appeared asked Beau beauty became brought called character Charles Chesterfield club course court daughter death died dress Duchess Duke Earl early England English face famous fashion father followed fortune gave George give given Grammont hand head heart honor Hook Horace hour Italy kind king Lady less letters lived London look Lord Lord Hervey manner married Mary mind mother Nash nature never night once party passed perhaps person play poet political poor present prince queen received respect Robert royal seems Selwyn sent Sheridan Smith society soon Street Sydney taken talk thing thought tion told took true turned Walpole wife woman writes wrote young
218. oldal - Is not a Patron, my Lord, one who looks with unconcern on a man struggling for life in the water, and when he has reached ground, encumbers him with help?
16. oldal - A man so various that he seemed to be Not one, but all mankind's epitome : Stiff in opinions, always in the wrong, Was everything by starts and nothing long ; But in the course of one revolving moon Was chymist, fiddler, statesman, and buffoon ; Then all for women, painting, rhyming, drinking, Besides ten thousand freaks that died in thinking.
217. oldal - I might boast myself le vainqueur du vainqueur de la terre, that I might obtain that regard for which I saw the world contending, but I found my attendance so little encouraged that neither pride nor modesty would suffer me to continue it. When I had once addressed...
91. oldal - Here lies our Sovereign Lord the King, Whose word no man relies on ; Who never said a foolish thing, And never did a wise one.
25. oldal - Blest madman, who could every hour employ With something new to wish or to enjoy...
25. oldal - Stiff in opinions, always in the wrong ; Was everything by starts, and nothing long ; But, in the course of one revolving moon, Was chymist, fiddler, statesman, and buffoon : Then all for women, painting, rhyming, drinking, Besides ten thousand freaks that died in thinking.
351. oldal - All that he had ever heard, all that he had ever read, when compared with it, dwindled into nothing, and vanished like vapour before the sun;
217. oldal - Dictionary is recommended to the public, were written by your lordship. To be so distinguished, is an honour, which, being very little accustomed to favours from the great, I know not well how to receive, or in what terms to acknowledge. When, upon some slight encouragement, I first visited your lordship, I was over-powered, like the rest of mankind, by the enchantment of your address, and could not forbear to wish that I might boast myself...
106. oldal - To all you ladies now on land, We men at sea indite ; But first would have you understand How hard it is to write : The muses now, and Neptune too, We must implore to write to you.