pt. 1. Joshua. Judges. I. Samuel
Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1847
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according annos appears Arab Assyria autem Booth brought called chap Chron Chronicles Codices cubits David ejus erat etiam expressed father fuisse fuit Gesen give hæc hand hath Hebrew horses Houb hundred interpreters Israel Jerusalem Joab Judah Judg king king's land loco Lord meaning mentioned notes observed pass passage person Pool present priests probably prophet quæ quam quod reign rendered Samuel seems sense servants signifies Solomon sons sunt temple thee things thou thousand took translate true unto verba verse viii wall words xviii αὐτοῦ ἐν καὶ τὴν τὸ τὸν τοῦ τῷ τῶν אֲשֶׁר וגו
647. oldal - He that ruleth over men must be just, Ruling in the fear of God. And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, Even a morning without clouds ; As the tender grass springing out of the earth By clear shining after rain.
740. oldal - The God of this people of Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an high arm brought he them out of it.
789. oldal - Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this house, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a proverb and a byword among all people...
953. oldal - In the ninth year of Hoshea the king of Assyria took Samaria, and carried Israel away into Assyria, and placed them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes.
938. oldal - The thistle that was in Lebanon sent to the cedar that was in Lebanon, saying, Give thy daughter to my son to wife: and there passed by a wild beast that was in Lebanon, and trode down the thistle.
859. oldal - And Ahab spake unto Naboth, saying, Give me thy vineyard, that I may have it for a garden of herbs, because it is near unto my house : and I will give thee for it a better vineyard than it; or, if it seem good to thee, I will give thee the worth of it in money.
736. oldal - And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month Zif, which is the second month, that he began to build the house of the Lord.
780. oldal - Jerusalem, that they might bring up the ark of the covenant of the Lord out of the city of David, which is Zion. 2 And all the men of Israel assembled themselves unto king Solomon at the feast in the month Ethanim, which is the seventh month. 3 And all the elders of Israel came, and the priests took up the ark.
844. oldal - And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that was broken down.
707. oldal - I am in a great strait : let us fall now into the hand of the LORD ; for his mercies are great : and let me not fall into the hand of man.