Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
algebra appears arch arithmetic astronomers axis body breadth called centre Ceres CHAP circle column conic sections contained decimals degrees denomination diameter distance diurnal motion divided dividend division divisor earth eclipses equal equator feet figure fluid four fraction geometrical series geometry glass globe greater Herschel horizon hygrometer hyperbola inches instrument invented Jupiter latitude length logarithms longitude luminary magnitude Mars measure Mercury meridian miles minutes mixed mathematics moon motion mountains Multiply navigation ocean orbit parabola parallel PARALLEL SAILING perpendicular plane PLANE SAILING poles pressure proportion quadrant quantity quotient radius revolve round right angles right line ring round the sun rule sailing Saturn secant sexagesimal ship side sine solid sometimes space specific gravity sphere square stars substances subtract supposed surface tangent telescope term theorem tides tion triangle trigonometry Venus vertical vessel volcanoes vulgar fractions weight wheel
60. oldal - A sphere is a solid bounded by a curved surface, every point of which is equally distant from a point within called the center.
228. oldal - To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction: or, the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal and directed to contrary pans.
32. oldal - The circumference of every circle is supposed to be divided into 360 equal parts, called degrees...
90. oldal - To reduce a mixed number to an improper fraction, Multiply the whole number by the denominator of the fraction, and to the product add the numerator; under this sum write the denominator.
228. oldal - The change of motion is proportional to the motive force impressed; and is made in the direction of the right line in which that force is impressed.
55. oldal - PROBLEM I. To find the area of a parallelogram, whether it be a square, a rectangle, a rhombus, or a rhomboides.
157. oldal - It is bounded on the North by the Arctic Ocean ; on the East by the Pacific Ocean ; on the South by the Indian Ocean ; and on the West by the Red Sea, the Mediterranean Sea, the Caspian Sea, and the Oural Mountains.
97. oldal - Multiply the first and second terms together, and divide the product by the third ; the quotient will be the answer in the same denomination as the middle term was reduced into.
19. oldal - ... When a straight line standing on another straight line, makes the adjacent angles equal to one another, each of the angles is called a right angle ; and the straight line which stands on the other is called a perpendicular to it. 11. An obtuse angle is that which is greater than a right angle. 12. An acute angle is that which is less than a right angle. 13. A term or boundary is the extremity of any thing.