A new family Bible, and improved version, from corrected texts of the originals: with notes, critical and explanatory; and short practical reflections on each chapter, together with a general introduction, on the authenticity and inspiration of the sacred books; and a complete view of the mosaic laws, rites and customs, 3. kötet
William Moore, 1824
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Acts angels answered apostle appeared authority become behold believe blessed blood body brethren brought called cause CHAP Christ christian church command Comp concerning conduct consider dead death delivered desire disciples divine doctrine enter evil faith Father fear flesh followed Gentiles gifts give given glory gospel grace hand happiness hath hear heard heart heaven holy honour hope Jerusalem Jesus Jesus Christ Jews John judge kind king kingdom knowledge labours live Lord Luke manner Mark Matt means mind miracles Moses nature pass Paul peace person Peter pray prayer preached priest promise prophets raised reason receive refers regard render respect rich righteousness saith saved sense sent servant sins speak Spirit spoke suffer taught temple thee things thou truth unto verse whole
220. oldal - And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.
94. oldal - And it came to pass, that when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb ; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost, and she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me ? For lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. And blessed is she that believed ; for there shall be a performance...
246. oldal - And Paul said, I would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.
258. oldal - Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace ; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham ; who is the father of us all...
97. oldal - Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord), and to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.
445. oldal - They went out from us, but they were not of us ; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
141. oldal - But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
408. oldal - For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord ; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts : and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people : and they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord : for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
125. oldal - And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. So that servant came, and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry, said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.